The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:27:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Spanish Music

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spanish Music  (Read 1714 times)
jowcol
Level 5

Times thanked: 30

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2014, 02:24:08 am »

Music of Antón Alcalde- Part 4
About the Composer
(From the Wind Repertory Project)

Composer and percussionist by trade, Anton Alcalde is professor of percussion and composer in residence at the School of Music from Rianxo. He is essentially an independent and self-taught composer from Galicia (Northwest of Spain), but the following teachers had a decisive influence on his formation: Rafael Collazo Moares, X, Carlos Seráns Olveira, Andrés Valero Castells and the band music of Rianxo, where he started with his first musical lessons.

In 2009, he entered the world of composition for the audio-visual medium, studying scoring for motion pictures and videogames with prestigious professors including Conrado Xalabarder, Patrick Doyle, Wataru Hokoyama, Michael Giacchino, Andrea Datzman, Alejandro Vivas, and James Shearman . . . and continuing with master classes by teachers of renown such as Oscar Navarro.

Machine Translation from Galacian in Score for First Symphony:
Anton Anthony Rodriguez Rianjo born on 3 July 1992 began to study music at eight years age in the School of Music where RIANXO specializes in percussion mode with master Daniel Rivero and musical language with Master Rafael Collazo. At the start of the year in the music enters the Band of Catoria, directed by José Carlos will be master.
In 2003 attends two improvement courses and master classes in percussion; one in the master Pedro Toledo Varea and another in Vila de Cruces with teachers like Nancy Zeltsman, Nick Woud, Cesar Peris is also this ... course where percussion releases his first composition; Pictures for percussion ensemble, released by
teachers said course, directing the author. Log in Galicia Philharmonic Band directed by teacher José Carlos evening, being the youngest member of this group.

In 2004 is presented again to the courses of Toledo and Vila de Cruces, the first being in plays where Grouping Instrumental Conservatory Jacinto Guerrero Toledo, directing the master Enrique García Ansensio. We present the Band of the Catoria Contest III Provincial de Pontevedra, reaching the first prize and mention
of honor in the 2nd section. Also reaches the place of percussion in Symphonic Band of the Galician Federation Bands Music, directed by José Carlos will be master.
In 2005 begins his professional studies in the Conservatory of Music Manuel Quiroga Pontevedra, reaching the place in specialty percussion. In this same year the string orchestra of that conservatory releases its composition Triptych for string orchestra and percussion.
In 2008 premiere in Miniature Overture, a concert in charge of the Association of School Instrumental Music Rianxo, directed by Master Rafael
Collazo Moar. Reaches the first prize in the II Galician Regional Contest with Band of Rianxo. It releases the first movement of the suite Pinocchio in charge of the Municipal Band of Santiago directed by master Andrés Valero Castells.
He studied percussion with teachers great prestige as: Daniel Rivero, Tom Risk, Roberto Oliveira, Cesar Peris, Pedro Varea, Nancy Zeltsman, Nick Woud, Tobias Guttmann, Lorenzo Ferrandiz, Ramon Perez, Xavier Sabater, Ali N'Dianye Romain Kuon, Jan Pustjens Bogdan Bacanu, Ruben Montes, Juanjo Guillem, Josep Vicent, Diego Windy ...

Musical language and studied harmony with master Rafael Collazo Moar, counterpoint and orchestration with master José Carlos will, direction and orchestrating the master Andrés Valero Castells and the creation of the script for the musical audiovisual Xalabarder with Conrad.
He also studied composition for audiovisual teachers with high prestige as: Patrick Doyle, M. Giacchino, Andrea Datzman, Wataru Hokoyama, Alejandro Vivas, James Shearman ...

It is a founding member of various groups such as Galician: OKHO, DKD duo, Taiko Drum (before atomic duo), Trisquel ... collaborated on musical projects
Galicia as our key and Musigalizando.

He is currently professor of percussion at the Music School of RIANXO (since 2007) and resident composer of this school since 2009 has written numerous works for band, rope[ED: Strings?], voices and ensemble.
Report Spam   Logged

All download links I have posted are for works, that, to  my knowledge, have never been commercially released in digital form.  Should you find I've been in error, please notify myself or an Administrator.  Please IM me if I've made any errors that require attention, as I may not read replies.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: