The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:33:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Spanish Music

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spanish Music  (Read 1716 times)
jowcol
Level 5

Times thanked: 30

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2014, 02:23:00 am »

Music of Antón Alcalde Part 3

3. Symphony 1, Marea Negra ("Black Tide" or "Oil SLick" )
(Machine translation from Galacian )

OIL SLICK is a small descriptive symphony, which tells(or rather), describes what  happened in Galicia the fatal day 13 November 2002 Day to remember with sorrow Galicia disaster produced naturally in estuaries because of the oil tanker 'Prestige' carrying 77,000 tons of fuel of which 64,000 were expressed in the Galician coast. Nowadays, there is still fuel inside the tanker, waiting to be extracted from the bottom of the sea. "To my good friends and great composers, Andres Valero Castells, José Carlos and Rafael Collazo will Moar. In memory of Manfred Gnädigner (Man), best known as the hermit of Comella, only human victim of the Prestige oil spill (2002). It is my desire dedicate this work to the thousands of people who helped clean up estuaries and sanitize the coast of Galicia, Galician and others, calls affectionately Tide White. All of them, and thank you because it is forever, NEVER AGAIN. "

The whole composition revolves around a main theme, introduced at first movement in charge of the oboe, which is added in eachmotion a new leitmotif of galician topic. The reason for the issue has as main feature the main "character marine" in its prime example musician-symbolic. This means that the actual reason, apart from that musically represents, as we join your notes see the silhouette of a wave, (hence the "character marine ").

I. Awakening in the Rias Baixas: Your cold start and mysterious, creates an atmosphere similar to the calm precedes the storm. From the sea it can see the Galician coast, the all we can see is a thick fog that covers everything. It's like what would happen Gal intuíse a catastrophe ecological (c.1) ... This environment of tension is achieved thanks to the exploitation technique features cutting-edge sound, the sounds onomatopeicos (or environmental simulation), operation sound of the strings, etc. After this mysterious beginning, a solo horn introduces a new atmosphere that contrasts with the previous; this (the difference) is solemn and grand (C.7). Gradually distinguishing the back, valleys and mountains of Gal (c.27). Sound fills the second forward day, to an explosion of color and timbre that symbolizes the awakening in Rías Baixas. The leitmotif used in this movement is the famous occasion of "Daybreak Galician" Pascual Veiga with that for technical harmonic blurring, we get a new approach harder reason the famous dawn, ideal for this work and what is described here. Before this mysterious awakening, captures our attention a tanker called "Prestige", approaching the coast....

II SMALL Prestige, the collapse: The advance of the Prestige "Coast
Death "and the sound of the engine room is reflected in section percussion, which has a moment of great virtuosity (c.59).The various metallic sounds are used in this movement for metal symbolize the oil shock and the waves of the sea against hull of the Prestige (c.83). The movement built with different foci tension interspersed with "Flashback" moves us to wake up in the Rías Low and sleepy Gal (c.127), who does not know the catastrophe that you come up ... The whole movement headed into "the collapse" where an insistent rhythm involves the virtuosity of the woods greatness and power metal (c.182). Finally the impressive tanker sinks near the "Costa da Morte", doing honor to his name, a most impressive moment of final explosion when the sea makes disappear the rest of the oil tanker "Prestige" (c.217).

III.- oil spill: The view becomes inevitable when a stain first fuel reaches Finisterre. The first part of this movement is moment of silence. A moment of tension, which symbolizes the inevitable After all, a slick (c.223). Gulls are trapped in fuel in an attempt to feed, the fish can not go die, the sailors of the sea and the people suffer the consequences, the seabed soon return to recover when everything finished. Ecological catastrophe, two words with the government solves the not have towed the tanker when they had time. The mode metaphor, we can hear the leitmotif of the introductory "Black Shadow "of Rosalia de Castro with music by Juan Montes (c.247). The sound of my voice and harmonica, along with the rest of the people screaming and galician burns in revolt against such misery. Never Again !! screams, but truth was inevitable that it would never be a first ... (c.280)

White Tide IV: This final movement is a tribute to all those people (and not Galician Galician), which is dedicated to adjust the our estuaries and coasts. This movement is dedicated to all those Tide White, who even came to make great trips to clean a piece of beach, the thing ... After all, people in first marched To Gal in order to help, were living between us. Thank you all and never !!. (c.297)

Report Spam   Logged

All download links I have posted are for works, that, to  my knowledge, have never been commercially released in digital form.  Should you find I've been in error, please notify myself or an Administrator.  Please IM me if I've made any errors that require attention, as I may not read replies.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: