The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:01:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Immanent closure

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Immanent closure  (Read 1136 times)
guest2
« on: January 15, 2019, 04:19:26 am »

Immanent closure

Due to this forum's having been hacked and stolen on the first of October, we have now made a replacement site ready.

As already foreshadowed, the present forum, which was founded in 2009, will cease operations in a few days' time.

We recommend that you make a note of the address as soon as you read this, because the hackers are still busily deleting posts, removing members, and banning IP addresses.

We will look forward to seeing you at the new site, which is devoted to music, freedom and delight.

pp. Sydney Grew, founder and owner of the Art-Music Forum.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 02:55:49 pm by the Administration » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest377
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 04:51:56 am »

what????
Report Spam   Logged
djarvie
Level 2

Times thanked: 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 08:51:15 am »

This has to be a scam, by someone who can't spell "imminent".
Report Spam   Logged
guest224
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 10:06:47 am »

How hilarious - one of the categories there is called "Novels by well-bred nineteenth-century ladies"!  Novels by working and middle-class ladies are clearly not considered worthy. "Hurray" for classism and sexism  :-\
Report Spam   Logged
Admin
Administrator
Level 8

Times thanked: 53

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 11:05:34 am »

The member who opened this thread and who was, if I recall correctly, previously identified by Neil McGowan as a "sockpuppet" identity of the former administrator who went by the name of "Sydney Grew" has lain low for a few months since the miserably sad furore on the forum back in October.

He/she/they is/are perfectly entitled to start a new forum elsewhere.

He/she/they is/are not entitled to come back here making such wild and outrageous threats repeating the old calumnies.

"Gerard"'s Membership of this forum has therefore been terminated with immediate effect.
Report Spam   Logged
jimfin
Level 4

Times thanked: 21

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 11:34:30 am »

Immanent is a real word, of a theological nature, but I don't think it's what "Guest2" intended to say
Report Spam   Logged
relm1
Level 4

Times thanked: 23

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 03:29:44 pm »

This thread reminds me of the opening credits in Monty Python and the Holy Grail when it says "Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked".
Report Spam   Logged
Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 05:06:25 pm »

A fresh pile of old cobblers, peopled entirely by Sydney and the roster of sock-puppet bogus identities ('Gerard', 'Rita', 'Granny Smith', 'Henry Ate A Pedal', et al) which follows inevitably in his wake.

"immanent'?? (sic)  Says it all.
Report Spam   Logged
Tetsugakusha75
Level 2

Times thanked: 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 10:03:01 pm »

I would prefer a transcendent or transient disclosure.
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 12:19:03 am »

This thread reminds me of the opening credits in Monty Python and the Holy Grail when it says "Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked".

Ha  Ha !!
Report Spam   Logged
Admin
Administrator
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 02:55:08 pm »

Looks as though we are slowly descending into a new dark age fueled by mindless drugged leftist technocrats..

I do not know to what or to whom this comment refers but the use of words like "drugged" and "leftist" is inappropriate on this forum.

We all have our own musical tastes and preferences and we air these with due respect to others. We-no doubt-also have different "political perspectives" but this is not the place to express emotive statements which can only confuse and offend.

Report Spam   Logged
Admin
Administrator
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 03:00:39 pm »

I was previously of a mind to delete or at least lock this thread but decided to give members the opportunity to make their own minds up about the "nature" of the threat contained in the initial post. I have now deleted the link provided to the site mentioned in the initial post. I see no reason to advertise a site set up in direct opposition to this one.
Report Spam   Logged
Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 09:22:51 pm »

Hardly 'in opposition' to this site - since it had no original content, and more pertinently - no members (since all of the 'members' were simply empty bogus profiles).  But yes - I think you've done the right thing by quarantining this delinquent (ex-)member.

If you have been banned from this forum for persistent abuses, you should not be able to saunter back in under a fresh assumed username.

As far as the ad-hominem politcal invective is concerned - that, too, has no place here.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 12:10:25 am »

I withdraw the phrase "in opposition to this site". That was a stupid way to word my thoughts. I had not actually looked at the site in question but am interested in Neil's comments on its "membership" :)
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 12:19:56 am »

the miserably sad furore on the forum back in October.

And I bloody-well missed it all...

:o ;)
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: