The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:14:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Who knows this symphony?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who knows this symphony?  (Read 203 times)
guest140
« on: November 15, 2018, 10:21:17 pm »

I am actually working on a book about Tristan Foison, who became infamous for stealing the "Messe de Requiem" by Alfred Desenclos and pretending that he had composed the work himself. That was in 2001 in Washington. I meanwhile discovered that he had also stolen "his violin concerto" and I received a lot of material about him lately, which led to further discoveries and the need to write it all down. I have nearly finished the writing, but I still need to identify some "Foison works". And for one of this tasks I need you symphony experts!
I have only the faked cover page and the copied instrumentation page of the original composition, the rest is missing. Do you know to which composition the following instrumentation and duration would fit? Tristan Foison consistently copied French composer from the 20th century, with an emphasis for Alfred Desenclos, Raymond Gallois-Montbrun and Jacques Chailley. So maybe it is a composition by one of these or another little known French composer. Tristan Foison titled the composition "Petite Symphonie" but that isn't the original I assume. (Of course I did my own research before but could not find a match. And it is not the "Petite Symphonie" by Guy Ropartz)
The score calls for:

2 flutes
2 hautbois
2 clarinettes Si♭
2 bassons
2 cors en Fa
2 trompettes Ut
2 trombones
1 tuba
batterie: cymbales, caisse claire, tambour de Basque, triangle,
1 piano,
quintette a cordes