The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:16:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

My Father and Myself

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Father and Myself  (Read 180 times)
guest182
« on: October 19, 2018, 05:54:11 am »

I have been reading Joe Ackerley's book My Father and Myself. He devotes several fascinating chapters to his relations with guardsmen from the London barracks. They have a special word for their clients - tankers - I have not encountered it before.

But he is ridiculously self-centred.

By the way, our forum will be relocating shortly. And, making a virtue out of a necessity, it will be in a revamped and revised format. Please, kind members, bear with us while we get past the current difficulties.

[I thought I posted this yesterday but for some reason it has disappeared.]

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jonah
Level 2

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 09:56:12 am »

This is totally inappropriate post for this forum, and has nothing whatever to do with the subject matter we are on this forum to discuss.
If you, 'Maud', must post such things, kindly do so elsewhere.
Report Spam   Logged
Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 12:33:46 pm »

Do, please, relocate yourself, 'Maud' - as far away from this forum as possible.

We are all sick to death of your bleating.  And take Gerard, Henrietta Pedal, and the rest of your weary sockpuppet identities with you.
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 04:44:33 pm »

Is the,very same Maud,who keeps coming into my garden?!! >:( ;D
Report Spam   Logged
Admin
Administrator
Level 8

Times thanked: 53

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:48:44 pm »

The reason, of course, for the disappearance of the original thread and its initial and only post was that I deleted it.
My thanks to the members who alerted me to its appearance on the forum.

It then reappeared-perhaps not surprisingly ::)

This time I decided to let it remain to allow other members the opportunity to comment. The comments speak very clearly for what is, I hope, the general mood.

The sooner we can be clear of this nonsense and rid of those who wish to perpetuate it the better! Anyone is perfectly free to set up a new forum of their own whenever or wherever they wish. THIS forum is not being relaunched, revamped or re-anything else :)

(And I apologise for the delay in attending to the earlier posts which precipitated the "outrage" and "indignation". I did say that I would sort these out in 24-36 hours but that timescale proved unrealistic and impractical due to other commitments. I shall deal with them over the weekend.)
Report Spam   Logged
guest128
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 03:56:54 am »

Is everyone assumed to know what is going on here?

Who is "Maud"?
Report Spam   Logged
Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 02:49:20 pm »

'Maud' is one of a number of mischievous sockpuppet identities formerly used by 'Sydney Grew'.  Other such identities included 'Gerard', 'Granny Smith', 'Henry Ate A  Pedal'  and numerous others.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: