The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:19:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Closure of this Forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Closure of this Forum  (Read 845 times)
guest54
« on: October 06, 2018, 10:33:21 pm »

Closure of this Forum

As a founder and owner of this site, I have a duty to run the forum responsibly. I cannot do this at present because the system password has been hacked and the account stolen.
The forum will therefore have to close.

The impending closure can be avoided very simply if the member who has the present system password, and for some unstated reason refuses to divulge it, relents and gives it to me (via personal message). It is obviously my right to have it.

I have put a great deal of work into the design and maintenance of this forum over the years, and something is very wrong when I am denied access to it.

I would just like to be told why I have been locked out of my own forum for no obvious reason!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest128
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 10:57:23 pm »

How will you close the forum without the system password?
Report Spam   Logged
Toby Esterhase
Level 7

Times thanked: 117

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 11:09:13 pm »

Hope it won't happen.
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 06:19:57 am »

This is really getting silly.   
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 06:21:52 am »

Sydney,  I thought that you turned it over to the present moderators.    I dare you to shut it down..... lets see what happens in the next  few week....????
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 09:22:09 pm »

Dave (dhibberd) is absolutely correct in both of his posts.......although I think that we have got beyond "getting silly", very sadly.

Maris (Latvian) has posted elsewhere:

http://artmusic.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,6616.msg33465/topicseen.html#msg33465

The administrators will now discuss this further. Clearly the current situation cannot be allowed to continue.

In the meantime this thread too will be locked, although, as I have said several times, Maris (Latvian) and/or I can be contacted directly by private message by any members who wishes to express their views.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: