The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:54:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Warning to all Members

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning to all Members  (Read 1898 times)
Vandermolen
Level 4

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2018, 04:37:15 pm »

For what it's worth I've done some booklet-note writing for a small CD company (Alto) and even suggested some releases (invariably rejected) and selected a couple of cover images. These small companies depend on people buying hard-copies of their CDs. Therefore I don't think that it is right to post copies here of You Tube videos of, for example, complete works in identical recordings to ones which are still commercially available. I wrote the notes for the final five releases on Alto of music by Miaskovsky/Myaskovsky. Occasionally I used to be asked if I could send copies of my notes to people who had purchased the Warner boxed set of complete Miaskovsky symphonies, which had very sketchy, almost non-existent, notes. I always politely refused, whilst directing anyone interested to the Myaskovsky RU website (probably now deleted in view of our current relationship with Russia) which contained lots of useful information available for free. This was because I thought that it was unfair to the record company to undrcut them in this way, especially as they produced super-budget CDs. Occasionaly I'm sure I've posted stuff which is commercially available but always short extracts or a sample of the CD rather than the whole CD. From now I only intend to post material which is otherwise unavailable such as the Gruner Hegge recording of Klaus Egge's First Symphony or Gordon Jacob's Concerto for Two Pianos.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: