The Art-Music Forum
October 19, 2019, 06:05:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare (non-copyright) recordings, and discuss all the Arts in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight. To participate, simply log in or register.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Warning to all Members

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning to all Members  (Read 352 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 134

View Profile WWW
« on: October 04, 2018, 03:31:39 pm »

My thanks to both Maris and Neil for their supportive posts and kind comments!

I want to put on record that it speaks volumes about the integrity and decency of Maris (Latvian) that at a time when he is experiencing very serious domestic issues involving his mother's health that he should have found time to post on here.

Unfortunately there is a new post from Sydney Grew entitled "Questions for Mr. Dundonnell" which has been located in the thread "Links to videos of compositions  by little known composers".

This post alleges that "some hacker's tool" has been used to "steal" the username and change the password of the administrator. These are very serious allegations. They are also both offensive and totally lacking in any foundation in fact.

The current administrators have-as I have now said repeatedly-been "in post" since March. They took on their current duties and responsibilities in partnership after the previous administrator resigned. Changing passwords is a practice which is recommended to all internet users on a regular basis to protect their own security and integrity.

To, apparently publicly, publish the password (as Sydney Grew demands) would be a ridiculous act. It would expose this site to infiltration by real hackers who could steal member's identities (as has happened recently on Facebook).

Sydney Grew has also threatened a member of the Administration.

As Neil has said members did not join this forum in order to witness this "sad charade". New or prospective members will not wish to join or participate in such a forum. Existing members will be bemused and, quite properly, horrified.

With considerable reluctance I am therefore temporarily locking that thread. The ugly, unnecessary and increasingly abusive nature of the contributions from the member in question cannot be allowed to bring the forum into potential disrepute.

Members have had over a week of this and that is more than enough! Any member can, of course, communicate with either Maris (Latvian) or myself by private message. This applies to members who agree with the position and statement of forum policy already clearly outlined and equally to those who do not.

Clearly members can continue to have their say publicly by posting here or elsewhere. We have absolutely no wish to inhibit or restrict comment. All I would ask is that this is done in the normal way for this forum-with courtesy and respect.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 03:44:06 pm by the Administration » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: