The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:59:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hilding Rosenberg - his eight symphonies

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hilding Rosenberg - his eight symphonies  (Read 430 times)
guest54
« on: September 24, 2018, 08:12:23 am »

Symphony 1

Symphony 2 (partial)

Symphony 3

Symphony 4

Symphony 5

Symphony 6

Symphony 7

Symphony 8

String quartette 1

Has any one got his pianoforte quintette?

You-Tube is a reputable long-established trans-Atlantic organisation, and we may have confidence in the integrity of its content and procedures.

Having said that, I never copy content from You Tube and post it here. I do, in good faith, post links to content at You-Tube that, because of its rarity, may interest our members. I claim responsibility only for my links, and not for any material elsewhere to which they may  point. Items hosted at You Tube are of course utterly beyond our control.

If there is any one who wants my mere links to be removed, he should contact me, stating a) the reason and b) the manner in which he is authorised. If these two conditions are in order I will naturally comply with a request. The only objection I can think of to a link might be that it points to an insufficiently rarely heard composition.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest377
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 12:12:24 am »

Thank You  !!!!   I only have a few of his symphonies on CD.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 01:22:28 pm »

I do not criticise Sydney in the slightest degree! Indeed I am delighted to find anyone who appreciates the music of this seriously neglected and exceptionally fine Swedish composer and publicises his work.

I note however that the Symphony No.3 is from the BIS cd still currently available to purchase. On You Tube it states that the recording has been made available by "Naxos of America".

What is actually going on here? Has BIS licensed Naxos to put one of their recordings onto You Tube? A recording which can be downloaded free of cost? That would seem to me a strange commercial decision!!
Report Spam   Logged
relm1
Level 4

Times thanked: 23

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 03:26:00 pm »

I do not criticise Sydney in the slightest degree! Indeed I am delighted to find anyone who appreciates the music of this seriously neglected and exceptionally fine Swedish composer and publicises his work.

I note however that the Symphony No.3 is from the BIS cd still currently available to purchase. On You Tube it states that the recording has been made available by "Naxos of America".

What is actually going on here? Has BIS licensed Naxos to put one of their recordings onto You Tube? A recording which can be downloaded free of cost? That would seem to me a strange commercial decision!!

They make revenue from the youtube playbacks.  I am sure it is something small but from their point of view it also has no mechanical costs and probably exposes them to a different audience than those that buy the albums elsewhere. 
Report Spam   Logged
soundwave106
Level 2

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 02:02:41 am »

Just because an account says it is someone on the Internet does not make it so. :)

Naxos' official Youtube channel is here not there.

The uploader of this is a certain "Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra - Topic" channel. The real "Göteborgs Symfoniker" Youtube channel (using the correct language :) ) is here.

Youtube allows content providers to make money from content that other people have uploaded, so it very well may be that BIS is "looking the other way" at this, perhaps figuring that the exposure and slight extra revenue is worth it enough not to bother with a takedown notice. So what relm1 says is possibly true. It does *not* smell like an "official post" to me though.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 02:54:50 am »

Hmmm!

Whatever the actual truth of the matter is I must confess to being uncomfortable with the sharing of You Tube music on this forum IF the performance in question is taken from a commercial cd currently available to purchase.

Such practice runs counter to our long-established and accepted standards. We do not permit the downloading from this site of music which is on a cd. Should we be effectively advertising the music as available on You Tube??

I would very much welcome the comments of other members!
Report Spam   Logged
Vandermolen
Level 4

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 11:22:13 am »

Hmmm!

Whatever the actual truth of the matter is I must confess to being uncomfortable with the sharing of You Tube music on this forum IF the performance in question is taken from a commercial cd currently available to purchase.

Such practice runs counter to our long-established and accepted standards. We do not permit the downloading from this site of music which is on a cd. Should we be effectively advertising the music as available on You Tube??

I would very much welcome the comments of other members!

I agree with you Colin and try not to post You Tube links from commercial CD recordings that are still available, although may  have done so in the past, especially for short works. Anyway, all I can see above is nine blank screens! I really wish their were a modern recording of Rosenberg's Symphony 5 and a new one of No.2. Still, at least there are three recordings of the wonderfully inspiriting Symphony 3.
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 02:18:16 am »

Yes... for those that don't know, Naxos is the US distributor for BIS.  Ever since Qualiton went out of business, they filled in the gap.
Report Spam   Logged
guest54
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 02:46:39 am »

Sorry but I am a novice at this American you-tube business and there is much I do not comprehend. In particular I did not realize that some works are chopped up and posted as individual movements. Also I have no idea what a "play list" is and how it operates.  For that reason I have replaced symphony 3 with a single undivided version.
Also I have been able to find only one movement of the second symphony.

I am worried by the gentleman who writes about "nine blank spaces". I do use a higher zoom when preparing a post, but was under the impression that this would not be applied to the posts as posted. If not (as may well be the case), please advise me and I will investigate.

Report Spam   Logged
Vandermolen
Level 4

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2018, 10:02:48 pm »

Sorry but I am a novice at this American you-tube business and there is much I do not comprehend. In particular I did not realize that some works are chopped up and posted as individual movements. Also I have no idea what a "play list" is and how it operates.  For that reason I have replaced symphony 3 with a single undivided version.
Also I have been able to find only one movement of the second symphony.

I am worried by the gentleman who writes about "nine blank spaces". I do use a higher zoom when preparing a post, but was under the impression that this would not be applied to the posts as posted. If not (as may well be the case), please advise me and I will investigate.

Pictures come up fine now Sydney. Probably an issue with my iPad.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: