The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:02:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

CPO-speak

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CPO-speak  (Read 2259 times)
guest145
« on: August 17, 2018, 02:39:58 am »

But our obligation to and admiration for CPO should not blind us to another of its problems. The company has claimed-on occasions-that delays in the release of particular cds are due to the time it takes to obtain the cd booklet notes from their authors.

This strikes me as an extremely flimsy excuse on CPO's part. I find it difficult to image a company operating on such a casual business model that they're willing to wait years for program notes (and/or translations). Unless they were foolish enough to enter into an ironclad contract with the notes' author that requires them to put up with lengthy delays, I would think that they would just fire the person and find someone else to write the notes more promptly. Surely there are any number of individuals competent to write readable, accurate and informative program notes. Such a relaxed production schedule is amazing!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: