The Art-Music Forum
June 26, 2019, 03:45:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare (non-copyright) recordings, and discuss all the Arts in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight. To participate, simply log in or register.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Upcoming cds of previously unrecorded music

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming cds of previously unrecorded music  (Read 352 times)
jonah
Level 2

Times thanked: 0

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2018, 09:21:07 am »

Dundonnell - my wants list is almost identical to yours, but I am finding that I am buying more CDs (I need the physical item, not a download somewhere in the system!) than ever before because there is so much out there.  The old 'big name' labels seem to concentrate more on 'big name' composers and musicians than on interesting repertoire, which is where labels such as Toccata, Lyrita, Hyperion, Dutton and Chandos score so highly. 
Websites like Toccata, Hyperion and Presto Classical (their physical shop in Leamington Spa is well worth a visit and is the only classical cd shop for many miles) encourage purchases of unknown works by having excerpts available to listen to - many a Toccata cd by composers I had not heard of has been bought after listening to the sound samples.
Could someone on the forum with clout encourage more of the independent companies to make sound excerpts available as a matter of course?
In the meantime, thanks to those who do!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: