The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:23:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Dacapo Records - Autumn 2012 Releases

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dacapo Records - Autumn 2012 Releases  (Read 415 times)
Caostotale
Level 2

Times thanked: 3

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2012, 09:54:59 pm »

http://www.dacapo-records.dk/en/future-releases.aspx

I'm happy to see Dacapo continuing forward on their ongoing promotion of Vagn Holmboe's music, having three discs scheduled for release this fall. First up is 'Solo and Chamber Works for Guitar', which consists of very late works in Holmboe's career.

As usual, I'm very happy about the label's release schedule, but I'm still wondering when we're going to see some more Niels Viggo Bentzon albums.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

kyjo
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 11:50:18 pm »

Thanks for the notification, Caostotale :).The upcoming Norby disc had been mentioned somewhere at the "other forum", and I have been waiting for it. Glad to see more Holmboe appearing on disc (his entire output is almost coming close to being covered on CD), but, yes, Bentzon recordings would be even more appreciated. Both Bentzons, that is ;D (Jorgen was much less prolific, but wrote two symphonies which could be of interest).
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 02:33:57 am »

Yes indeed, the Holmboe releases look most interesting :)

No details given on the Dacapo site for the concertos disc but I presume that we are talking about the 1978-79 Violin Concerto No.2 and the 1991-92 Viola Concerto-which are two of the most important gaps in the Holmboe discography. If so, then bravo ;D ;D ;D

Regarding Bentzon(Niels Viggo that is), where does one start ??? ???  If it was up to me then I would record Symphonies Nos. 2 and 6, which would fit neatly onto one cd :)
Those would provide a good introduction to the earlier, more accessible Bentzon.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: