The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:10:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Dutton?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutton?  (Read 5343 times)
calyptorhynchus
Level 3

Times thanked: 42

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2018, 01:41:18 am »

I see where you are coming from but the observation is not quite accurate in this case. I think it is much more to do with some people getting a "reward" for having done nothing. The absence, if you like, of a level playing field. In effect, why should someone be rewarded for having an SACD player? St Matthew records Christ as saying: "For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not, even that which he hath shall be taken away." But I've never really understood what our Lord meant. Sounds jolly unfair to me.  :-\
The gospel context has Jesus saying that those who have faith will be rewarded and those that have not will not be rewarded. But it was quoted literally with satiric intent to describe the thatcher onwards neo-liberal project of dividing society into the virtuous rich and the non-virtuous poor (which, as we have seen has not gone well).
I don't know whether an SACD player is 'worth it' in terms of sound quality, but I listen to all my music as MP3s through headphones on an iPod. I'd sooner have several hundred more CDs/downloads than spend a lot on a new CD player.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: