The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:22:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Dutton?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutton?  (Read 5355 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« on: April 01, 2018, 01:55:02 am »

I do not know the answer to your question. If, as you say, £10,000 does not go far to finance such a recording- and I would guess from the wording of your post that you know a great deal more about this than I do ;D-then clearly additional funding must have come from somewhere. The Ina Boyle cd-and by the way her musixc is well worth hearing :)-was recorded by the BBC Concert Orchestra and I might hazard a guess that the BBC had "some involvement".

We are back into the murky waters of how much cds cost to make and who pays for them ::) The Havergal Brian Society is raising (has almost raised) £100,000 to record the Opera "Faust". The hugely expensive Dutton recording of Brian's Symphonies Nos. 2 and 14 was almost aborted but was saved by a gift of £40,000 from an incredibly generous member (now sadly deceased) of the HBS. The forthcoming Linn Records release of Thomas Wilson symphonies was (very probably) privately funded.

I have been critical of companies like Dutton for not providing more information on forthcoming releases but I can fully understand that "where the money comes from" is not a subject which they are going to discuss openly.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: