The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:34:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Sherwood Double Concerto & Cowan Symphony No.5 - BBC Radio 3 Afternoon Concert

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sherwood Double Concerto & Cowan Symphony No.5 - BBC Radio 3 Afternoon Concert  (Read 941 times)
patmos.beje
Level 4

Times thanked: 18

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2018, 05:01:28 pm »

See: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09sqvbv
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 05:56:20 pm »

At last, some movement  on these studio performances! As they are promised for release on the EM label they shouldn't be recorded for download, but then again no release date has been forthcoming...(?)
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 06:05:27 pm »

It is great to hear your voice again (so to speak), John I has been too long!
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 06:13:57 pm »

Hi, Colin. I've been rather poorly  but  am back in reasonable shape! By the way, the 5th Symphony is not that by the avuncular Rob Cowan but the sadly neglected Frederic Hymen (sic) Cowen... ;D
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 06:41:32 pm »

Several future Dutton releases should be right up your street, John I wish I could say more but I am pledged to a promise of strict confidentiality
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 11:11:42 pm »

Several future Dutton releases should be right up your street, John I wish I could say more but I am pledged to a promise of strict confidentiality
certainly the Cellier "The Mountebanks" and Sullivan "The Light of the World"...  ;D
Report Spam   Logged

patmos.beje
Level 4

Times thanked: 18

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 11:06:15 am »

At last, some movement  on these studio performances! As they are promised for release on the EM label they shouldn't be recorded for download, but then again no release date has been forthcoming...(?)

The extent of the funding for this project does not look too promising.  See: http://www.sherwood-cowen.com/donate.html

Whilst this is not a project I have been following, I think it has been on the go for a while.  Additionally, it looks as if those who contribute will have funds deducted immediately, unlike, say, Kickstarter which only deducts funds when a target has been reached and where there is a stated cut off time for the target to be reached. 
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 04:56:22 pm »

In which case, please post off-air recordings of both the Sherwood and Cowen in the usual place  and I will archive them until a release is announced. MP3 (128 or 256) is preferable...

:)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: