The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:53:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Lyrita?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lyrita?  (Read 5183 times)
guest251
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2018, 07:05:06 am »

Here, here. Many thanks to you, Colin, for your tactful persistence in obtaining this response.
Report Spam   Logged
Grandenorm
Level 4

Times thanked: 24

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2018, 12:40:13 pm »

Hear, hear! Well done, indeed, Colin - thank you very much for your endeavours. And well done, Mr Antony Smith, for his full, informative and largely encouraging response.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2018, 12:41:33 pm »

Persistence, yes. "Tactful"? Oh, I couldn't claim that! I deliberately claimed that "a blanket of silence " had descended over Lyrita. That appears to have annoyed the company enough to produce the lengthy response.
I do not regret my "dramatic" turn of phrase. It got a result....and a more informative response than even I expected.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2018, 12:57:24 pm »

Could I just add that there is one work mentioned in Antony Smith's response copied above- a work recently broadcast by the BBC- which is the subject of ongoing negotiation and which the company does not wish to publicise.
In these circumstances, which I entirely appreciate, it would be sensible if we did not comment on here any further about it. Whether we like it or not (and we usually do like it) what we say about particular works can be picked up and appear elsewhere.
Report Spam   Logged
Grandenorm
Level 4

Times thanked: 24

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2018, 12:59:13 pm »

That appears to have annoyed the company enough to produce the lengthy response.
Well, sometimes you have to irritate in order to get results. Incidentally, the REAM2139 British Orchestral Premieres (4 CD set) is wrongly attributed to the Itter Broadcast legacy. It is, as I am sure readers and contributors to this forum know, a compilation of music all of which I researched for releases by Cameo Classics, and nothing to do with Richard Itter.
Report Spam   Logged
M. Yaskovsky
Level 3

Times thanked: 33

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2018, 01:02:25 pm »

'we might produce more than our core customers can consume'; no problem, there're so many uninteresting releases these days so I don't worry about more Daniel Jones. Thanks all.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2018, 03:05:46 pm »

'we might produce more than our core customers can consume'; no problem, there're so many uninteresting releases these days so I don't worry about more Daniel Jones. Thanks all.

Indeed! It was a somewhat odd remark to make but I was too grateful to get a response (at last) from the company that I had no desire to start picking holes in it.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2018, 03:08:15 pm »

That appears to have annoyed the company enough to produce the lengthy response.
Well, sometimes you have to irritate in order to get results. Incidentally, the REAM2139 British Orchestral Premieres (4 CD set) is wrongly attributed to the Itter Broadcast legacy. It is, as I am sure readers and contributors to this forum know, a compilation of music all of which I researched for releases by Cameo Classics, and nothing to do with Richard Itter.

You are clearly absolutely correct to make the point about Cameo Classics, Gareth. I shall leave it up to you to decide whether to take this up with Lyrita :)
Report Spam   Logged
guest251
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2019, 07:33:16 pm »

The end of June (2019) has come and gone. A new Daniel Jones CD from Lyrita still seems not to be on the horizon......
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2019, 09:19:42 pm »

The end of June (2019) has come and gone. A new Daniel Jones CD from Lyrita still seems not to be on the horizon......

Surprise, surprise....this has not gone unnoticed by me ::)

Yes, June has come and gone and so, apparently, will July.

I have been sorely tempted to point this out on the Musicweb noticeboard. The last time I pointed out the non-appearance of promised cds -some months ago- an obviously annoyed Antony Smith of Nimbus (Lyrita) went public in stating that the next Daniel Jones cd would be issued in June and the final instalment of the symphonic series in November. He evidently feels no great need to say why this promise is not being fulfilled.

I have said this before but I shall repeat: record companies have loyal customers who wait for promised releases. There may well be perfectly sound reasons for a delay in issuing these but if I ran a record company I would feel under some obligation to keep in touch with my customers and explain the delay. Amazon has grown exceedingly rich. It doesn't need to apologise for a delay in delivery. I was promised the delivery of a book today. I got an emailed apology for it not being delivered and a new date. That is good customer relations!
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2019, 11:04:27 pm »

Surprise, surprise....this has not gone unnoticed by me ::)

Yes, June has come and gone and so, apparently, will July.

I have been sorely tempted to point this out on the Musicweb noticeboard. The last time I pointed out the non-appearance of promised cds -some months ago- an obviously annoyed Antony Smith of Nimbus (Lyrita) went public in stating that the next Daniel Jones cd would be issued in June and the final instalment of the symphonic series in November. He evidently feels no great need to say why this promise is not being fulfilled.

I have said this before but I shall repeat: record companies have loyal customers who wait for promised releases. There may well be perfectly sound reasons for a delay in issuing these but if I ran a record company I would feel under some obligation to keep in touch with my customers and explain the delay. Amazon has grown exceedingly rich. It doesn't need to apologise for a delay in delivery. I was promised the delivery of a book today. I got an emailed apology for it not being delivered and a new date. That is good customer relations!
And,if I'm correct (am I?) you can fit the remaining symphonies on,just one cd? (Am I right,Dundonnell?!!) More's the pity,when we are that close to having the complete cycle on cd!! :(
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2019, 12:12:43 am »

Symphonies Nos.3 and 5 were scheduled for June and Nos. 12 and 13 for November. That was the plan🙄

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: