The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 07:34:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Lyrita?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lyrita?  (Read 5258 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2018, 11:14:33 pm »

Well, well....if you make a big enough nuisance of yourself you can finally succeed ;D

I posted on the Musicweb Noticeboard lamenting the "silence" from Lyrita. My post was copied to the company and they responded:

We very much appreciate being copied in on this post and for the opportunity to respond.

Mr Mackie suggest a blanket of silence from Lyrita on the promise of future releases. Could I please be allowed to respond that Lyrita released a total of twenty discs this year combining new studio recordings, off air transfers and reissuing core components from the Cameo catalogue. This is far from silent.

Lyrita Recorded Edition
SRCD365 Cyril Scott Songs
SRCD366 Michael Hurd Choral Music
SRCD367 John Joubert Symphony and Piano Concerto
SRCD2369 Thea Musgrave - Mary Queen of Scots (2 CD set)
SRCD371 Eugene Goossens - The Apocalypse
SRCD372 Thea Musgrave - Phoenix Rising, Loch Ness, Poets in Love
SRCD378 Miriam Hyde Songs

Itter Broacast Collection
REAM1138 Elizabeth Machonchy - Heloise and Abelard
REAM2139 British Orchestral Premieres (4 CD set)

Cameo Classics
CC9101 Jadassohn (2 CD set)
CC9103 Brull (2 CD set)
CC9105 Zhukov Concertos
CC9106 Douglas Young - Hunting of the Snark
CC9107 Rare Stokowski

We have a close and two sided relationship with the BBC in Cardiff and have been in high level conversations with them about the broadcast of Grace Williams Missa Cambrensis for more than two years. Sadly the performance was deemed by the BBC and Lyrita to be un-releasable.

Daniel Jones Symphonies 3 & 5 are scheduled for release in June 2019 with Symphonies 12, 13 and Cantata currently scheduled for November 2019. We will also embark on a project to record previously unheard and unpublished Piano Music by Daniel Jones in the new year and hope that the first of these might appear in the second half of the year.

Stanford's Via Victrix Mass was recently broadcast by the BBC. Lyrita invested in additional patch sessions and recorded additional material. The conductor of this project, Adrian Pardington, will meet with Lyrita before the Christmas break, fully listen to all material and discuss editing and releasing this remarkable work in the summer of 2019. Until this project has received BBC approval we can not publicise it.

I am grateful that Paul Conway and my Nimbus colleagues chose not to respond to enquiries as they may have encouraged collectors to expect releases that are not yet ready, that for many reasons have been placed on a back burner or that have simply been deemed unsuccessful. As Trustees we have a responsibility to uphold the production highest qualities established by Richard Itter whilst expanding our horizons and knowledge of British Classical Composers.

Mr Mackie please do not despair. At this time eighteen new discs are planned from Lyrita across 2019, with a further ten discs on Cameo and the launch of more than twenty five 92khz / 24bit high definition titles appearing on the emerging download and streaming platforms. My worry is not that we are snuggled under a blanket of silence but that we might produce more than our core customers can consume.

Sincerely

Antony

Antony Smith
Trustee
Lyrita Recorded Edition Trust

c/o Wyastone Estate Limited, Wyastone Leys, Monmouth, NP25 3SR, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 1600 890 007
Email: antony@wyastone.co.uk

So now we know that we are NOT getting the Grace Williams "Missa Cambrensis" but that we ARE getting the remaining Daniel Jones symphonies!

It hardly needs to be said how grateful I am (and I am sure other members of this forum who love British Music and support Lyrita's efforts on behalf of British composers) for this lengthy and informative response from Antony Smith.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: