The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:20:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Lyrita?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lyrita?  (Read 5245 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2018, 02:24:47 pm »

I take both points made by Greg and by Gareth. (My extremes of enthusiasm and of frustration/disappointment can lead to occasional over-reaction :)

Two quick points and I shall leave it there:

(a) It does seem at least "odd" that the Grace Williams Society should get absolutely no response to an enquiry regarding the "Missa Cambrensis". A failure to respond to one individual correspondent is one thing but failing to respond in any way at all to the society is "peculiar".

(b) I have my own personal website. I receive requests for information/assistance from people from all over the world. This sometimes involves a lot of work by me. Sometimes, in contrast, I cannot assist in any way. But I always try to at least respond to the person who contacted me. That is only common courtesy. On the rare occasions when I have forgotten to do this I have subsequently felt very guilty and ashamed.
It may be that Lyrita's postbag is so enormous that the company has neither the staff nor the time to deal with the correspondence but, as Gareth, says a standard reply to emails would be at least good manners.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: