The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:40:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Lyrita?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lyrita?  (Read 5243 times)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2018, 12:45:44 pm »

My apologies for not replying sooner! Alas! No response from Lyrita! :( I suppose I could get around to trying an actual 'letter',of the posted kind. They may feel obliged to answer,if I've spent money on a stamp? Especially,if I enclose an sae?!! ;D Or I could just try another email? I remember writing to Hyperion and Chandos (by post) years ago,and I always received a very polite,courteous reply. One of them telling me that my letter had been shown to Brian Couzens,the actual boss! I don't know whether he really read it;but I was still young,and I felt very pleased with the response! The BBC,likewise,always replied. I do remember writing an enthusiastic letter to Nimbus once,about Daniel Jones,and I got no reply. I understand you have received replies from Lyrita,but they don't actually tell you much!! :( Why the secrecy,though?!! Is a rival recording label really going to rush out with a Daniel Jones recording,before they do? Do they check the office for bugging devices?!! ;D And yes,what happened to the Missa Cambrensis?!

I suppose,one other,possible,line of hope for a cd of Daniel Jones is Tŷ Cerdd?

https://www.tycerdd.org/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: