The Art-Music Forum
February 21, 2018, 07:20:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare (non-copyright) recordings, and discuss all the Arts in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight. To participate, simply log in or register.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Caspar Diethelm Symphonies on Guild

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caspar Diethelm Symphonies on Guild  (Read 34 times)
M. Yaskovsky
Level 3

Times thanked: 31

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2018, 01:43:50 pm »

For lovers of 20th century, but not atonal, music Guild released symphonies by Caspar Diethelm http://www.guildmusic.com/shop/wbc.php?sid=63802d37156&tpl=produktdetail.html&pid=17511&rid=261&recno=4 It says, quote: 'Guild is proud to announce the release of this very significant set of first recordings of major orchestral works by the prolific Caspar Diethelm (1926-1997), widely recognised as one of the finest Swiss composers to come to the forefront of European music since Frank Martin. Sumptuously recorded in the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall with the Royal Scottish National Orchestra under the outstanding Swiss conductor Rainer Held, the set chronicles Diethelm's major contribution to symphonic and other orchestral forms in the second half of the 20th-century. A remarkably fine release of high musical importance, with programme notes by the composerís daughter, Esther Diethelm.' quote ends.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

M. Yaskovsky
Level 3

Times thanked: 31

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 01:50:13 pm »

Haha, please delete my post! I was so full of enthousiasm I didn't even notice another contributor contributed already on Diethelm.....
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: