The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:35:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Willem Kersters

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Willem Kersters  (Read 334 times)
Toby Esterhase
Level 7

Times thanked: 117

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2012, 04:41:15 pm »

I found one symphony 3 in UC more data/recordings?
 :)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

kyjo
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:15:59 pm »

Willem Kersters (1929-1998, Belgian composer) has a good article on Dutch Wikipedia, which lists five symphonies, three concertos, smaller orchestral works, and various amounts of wind/brass, chamber, vocal, keyboard, and percussion music. His only commercially recorded work, Three Bagatelles for string orchestra, are on a CD (title and label unknown, with works by Britten, Suk, and Vermuelen) that currently has two decently priced copies on US Amazon. If you wish to find it, simply type "Kersters" in the search box on Amazon (preferably US), and it'll be the only result that comes up. I don't own the CD, though. Also, you can find his Second Symphony on YouTube. I'll try cataloguing Kersters some time in the near future. Hope this helps you, Toby :)!
Report Spam   Logged
Toby Esterhase
Level 7

Times thanked: 117

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 12:25:06 am »

Willem Kersters (1929-1998, Belgian composer) has a good article on Dutch Wikipedia, which lists five symphonies, three concertos, smaller orchestral works, and various amounts of wind/brass, chamber, vocal, keyboard, and percussion music. His only commercially recorded work, Three Bagatelles for string orchestra, are on a CD (title and label unknown, with works by Britten, Suk, and Vermuelen) that currently has two decently priced copies on US Amazon. If you wish to find it, simply type "Kersters" in the search box on Amazon (preferably US), and it'll be the only result that comes up. I don't own the CD, though. Also, you can find his Second Symphony on YouTube. I'll try cataloguing Kersters some time in the near future. Hope this helps you, Toby :)!

Thanks!
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 02:19:09 am »

You're very welcome :)!
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 04:25:04 pm »

Hi Toby,

From Willem Kersters I have on lp (have to look if they're downloadable):
Sinfonia Concertante, op 11
String Quartet Nš 2

More to find:
Concertino voor hobo en strijkorkest, op.2  (On PHAEDRA 92029 as part of the series' In Flanders' Fields (Nš 29) (from 2002).
Bagatelles for String Orchestra  on Eufoda 1138 [nla]
Choral Music on: Rene Gailly VTP CD92 032 (Op. 96 and 79)
Preludes for Piano, 56 on: Rene Gailly 99 009 [as part of cd with Belgian piano compositions.

Besides this I have a couple of works from broadcasts by the Belgian radio. But I have to look of them as far as sound quality is concerned.

I'll let you know
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: