The Art-Music Forum
January 16, 2018, 07:16:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare (non-copyright) recordings, and discuss all the Arts in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight. To participate, simply log in or register.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Gennady Vorobyov (1918-39)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gennady Vorobyov (1918-39)  (Read 157 times)
dhibbard
Level 7

Times thanked: 42

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2017, 05:48:21 pm »

Thought Iíd post a brief enquiry about a Soviet composer Iíve recently come across on YouTube, a Gennady Vorobyov (1918-39) from the Chuvash Republic of Russia. Before his untimely death in 1939, he almost finished a Symphony in C minor, which was, apparently, completed by fellow student, Nikolai Peiko. On first hearing, the work sounds quite accessible, in a late-Romantic style. Iím curious to know if anyone else is aware of the existence of this obscure composer, as I have unearthed nothing from Internet searches or New Grove. My efforts to uncover information on the conductor of the recording, Vitaly Kitaev, have also failed. Hereís the YouTube link: . Seasonís greetings to allÖ

I believe that Vitaly Kitaev was a Belorussian conductor.. might check or do a search at Belarusian State Academy of Music.??
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: