The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:49:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hungarian Music

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hungarian Music  (Read 756 times)
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2012, 06:11:24 pm »

I posted István Láng's Symphony Nş 2 with some reservation, because many compositions of Láng may be not for this forum. They are not exactly 'avant garde' as we see it today, but still it a little bit too advanced?
Please decide for yourself on this matter. If the administration feels it is too far out of forum rules, please don't hesitate to delete, or ask me to do so.

On the same lp are two other works, Rímek (Rhymes) for Chamber Och. and  Constellations for Oboe Quartet.  I didn't upload thesefor reasons as above.
For fellow members who still like to have the works, please let me know and I'll send you the link personally.

Cheers,

Elroel
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

kyjo
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 02:11:12 am »

Many thanks to Elroel for his recent re-uploads of Hungarian music, especially the Gyula David pieces :). Now I don't have to seek out the hard-to-find Hungaroton CDs these pieces are on! I look forward to listening to this treasure trove of rarities!
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 09:04:26 pm »

Hi Everybody,

With the reposting of my Hungarian UC files, at least two files gave a (little) problem.

Paul Arma -Divertimento.
The file had a couple of areas lacking music. I re-digitized the file and re-posted it to the 'Former UC'/Hungarian music folder.

Szokolay: Flute concertino has been changed now. The empty area at the end of the file has been cut.
Here again was the post renewed.

Just to inform you

Greetings,

Elroel
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 11:20:25 pm »

Many thanks to mjkfendrich for his recent batch of uploads :). It's always good to hear more from the elusive and prolific Emmanuel Moor. I hadn't know that Szell wrote a piano quintet :o!
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 11:27:40 pm »

Many thanks, Matthias, for the Emanuel Moor Suite for Double Quintet :) :)

You (or anyone, for that matter) wouldn't happen to have any of his orchestral works, would you? ;)
Report Spam   Logged
britishcomposer
Level 3

Times thanked: 36

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 12:12:22 am »

You (or anyone, for that matter) wouldn't happen to have any of his orchestral works, would you? ;)

No, sorry, kyjo. This Suite was performed in Germany last year. The last movement had been broadcast before. But then someone has to begin: perhaps this performance will encourage other people to discover, perform and record more Moor! :)
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 01:01:26 am »

That's okay! I believe Moor's music is ripe for a revival based on what little of it I've heard. And that's saying a lot considering I haven't heard any of his orchestral music (my speciality) ;D
Report Spam   Logged
jowcol
Level 5

Times thanked: 30

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 11:18:04 am »

Bela Bartok Symphony in E Flat

(Only one movement was released in Bartok's lilfetime.  Remainder completed and orchestrated by Denijs Dille)

1. Spoken Introduction
2. Allegro Deciso
3. Adagio
4. Scherzo-allegro vivace
5. Maestoso-allegro

Belgian Radio Orchestra
Irwin Hoffman, Cond.

Radio broadcast.
From the collection of Karl Miller.

Although I'd hardly call Bartok an obscure, or "Unknown Composer", this very early work was completed and orchestrate by a well know Bartok scholar.
Report Spam   Logged

All download links I have posted are for works, that, to  my knowledge, have never been commercially released in digital form.  Should you find I've been in error, please notify myself or an Administrator.  Please IM me if I've made any errors that require attention, as I may not read replies.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: