The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:12:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

I'm back!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 3092 times)
guest128
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 02:56:46 am »

Kyle,

In case you missed it, for a possibly curious read of all the speculation and concern here at the time of your departure, check out the "What has happened to Kyjo (Kyle)?" thread archived on Page 2 in the "Miscellany" section of AMF.
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
Level 2

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 04:25:49 am »

I decided to change my username back to kyjo for old times' sake :)
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 02:33:13 pm »

Just wondering, Greg, whether you might like ME to change my forum name from the multi-syllabic "Dundonnell" to something more "hip"? If so, any suggestions?

I am joking of course
Report Spam   Logged
guest128
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 04:30:22 pm »

Multi-syllabic as "Dundonnell" indeed is, it does have a certain readable and enunciatory verve and flair to it that's quite pleasing and even perfect for you in its way.  The real problem with "Atterbergman" was not its lumbering multi-syllables per se, but the fact that it's just so literal and unimaginative.  Granted that "Greg K" offends even moreso in those prosaic qualities, but the point is that if you're going to play the allusively oriented game here with your identity, some choices work better than others, - and who would disagree that "Atterbergman" needed to be immediately scrapped?  "Kyjo" (and none other) is Kyle for us at AMF.  You can't turn your back on history.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 04:55:53 pm »

Multi-syllabic as "Dundonnell" indeed is, it does have a certain readable and enunciatory verve and flair to it that's quite pleasing and even perfect for you in its way.  The real problem with "Atterbergman" was not its lumbering multi-syllables per se, but the fact that it's just so literal and unimaginative.  Granted that "Greg K" offends even moreso in those prosaic qualities, but the point is that if you're going to play the allusively oriented game here with your identity, some choices just don't come off too well, - and who will disagree with me that "Atterbergman" needed to be immediately scrapped?  "Kyjo" (and none other) is Kyle for us at AMF.  You can't escape history.

I must not take this thread too far off on a tangent.....but I cannot avoid your phrase "enunciatory verve and flair" ;)

Assuming-as I always do ;)-that you mean what you say..........danke, mein Freunde ;)

....and, yes, "Kyjo" is right :)
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 01:08:03 am »

Glad you are back.. think we almost had a memorial thread going...:)The Art-Music Forum > Forum > Various > Miscellany > Kyjo
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 04:49:24 pm »

I decided to change my username back to kyjo for old times' sake :)
Back by popular demand?!! ;D Yes,a disappearance that has stimulated much debate;and,indeed,a dedicated thread. It reminds me of a pub I used to go to. I remember not going there for a few months. When I finally went back,I mentioned this to a chap who always used to lean on the bar,there. He looked at me in surprise. "Really?," he said,"I didn't notice!" :(
I wonder if anyone finds Cilgwyn unwieldy? It's Welsh,and pronounced Kill-gwin,by the way. It's a small hamlet in North Pembrokeshire in West Wales. I spent allot of happy times there as a youngster. It just came to mind when I was trying to think up a user name. I'm not an imposter by the way!! ;D At least,I don't think I am?!! :-\ ::) ;D I'll just go and check me fingerprints,now. You never know!! :( :o
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 12:27:18 am »

Ha !!
Report Spam   Logged
guest128
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 08:34:36 pm »

Hey, he's gone again. >:(

Or is it just that we shouldn't expect the 5-10 daily posts we were formerly used to? :D
Report Spam   Logged
Admin
Administrator
Level 8

Times thanked: 53

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 01:28:43 am »

Just a reminder to members: please don't forget our rule 2:

"No discussion of the personal characteristics or motives of fellow members - courtesy must come first."

Report Spam   Logged
Christo
Level 4

Times thanked: 24

... an opening of those magic casements ...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 02:30:40 am »

"No discussion of the personal characteristics or motives of fellow members - courtesy must come first."
But is he a fellow member - or no longer? #thatsthequestion  :D
Report Spam   Logged

… music is not only an `entertainment’, nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.  RVW, 1948
guest128
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2017, 03:32:00 am »

But do any of us truly have genuine "personal characteristics" here, or merely "personas", - the impressions and descriptions of which by others shouldn't be regarded as personally judgmental or intrusive, but only as a kind of play or "theatre"?
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2017, 04:46:35 am »

Yes... here are the all the rules: 
 there are just a few essential rules:

No bad language or unpleasant subjects please;
    No discussion of the personal characteristics or motives of fellow members - courtesy must come first;
    Of course nothing illegal;
    Contributors should in general attempt to keep to the subject of the thread in which they are posting - the idea is that each message will refer back to, and expand upon, what has already been said by others;
    If disparaging remarks about the moral character of any musician (living or dead) are posted, a reference to some published authority should be cited as support and justification;
    And no hawkers or canvassers thank you, it is an entirely unsuitable location.

Also please note that new members are expected to make at least three posts in their first two weeks, and the membership of people who have contributed nothing for six months will be automatically cancelled.

We trust that Members will not find these rules restrictive in any way. The great thing is to enjoy the experience!

I didn't see anything about that posts about Shostakovich were not allowed??!?
Report Spam   Logged
Admin
Administrator
Level 8

Times thanked: 53

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2017, 07:46:42 am »

They are allowed, but in moderation, because he is certainly not "unsung" is he. What are not allowed are copyright recordings of performances of his works. Personally I cannot abide any of his wearisome stuff, but that is beside the point.

Report Spam   Logged
ahinton
Level 6

Times thanked: 30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2017, 08:19:09 am »

They are allowed, but in moderation, because he is certainly not "unsung" is he. What are not allowed are copyright recordings of performances of his works. Personally I cannot abide any of his wearisome stuff, but that is beside the point.
Indeed it is!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: