The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:25:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

I'm back!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 3120 times)
guest128
« on: September 08, 2017, 04:03:28 am »

How do we know it's really you and not some clever imposter?

Whatever the case, how about an explanation for why you disappeared for so long and what you've been doing?

In a way it's kind of a let down you're back.   I mean that by leaving as you did without any notice to the forum or expectation by us it would happen after being so omnipresent here for so long, and then never reappearing, you created a kind of mystique for yourself, leaving us all in wonder and even suspense over what might have transpired.  For a time we psychoanalyzed you, working hard to discern your possible motives and rationale for the departure, hoping for a reunion,  and then even a couple of times over the years creating specific threads of reminiscence reflecting back on our old friend and departed hero with wistfulness and fondness. 

You were just on the brink of attaining an almost mythical status in AMF lore, - one could even say having effectively become the very first entrant in AMF's fledgling "ring of fame", - and now you explode all that by so  banally and undramatically returning with no more than a "hi everyone"?

For myself it's all more than a little disappointing. ;)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: