The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:49:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Havergal Brian's Symphonies Nos. 8, 21 and 26 from Naxos

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Havergal Brian's Symphonies Nos. 8, 21 and 26 from Naxos  (Read 646 times)
calyptorhynchus
Level 3

Times thanked: 42

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2017, 11:09:14 pm »

Yeah, but I want Prometheus Unbound.  That was supposed to be on par with the Gothic Symphony.  Since the vocal score exists and I believe that would include the piano orchestral reduction, maybe John Pickard could reconstruct it based on what he did with Vision of Cleopatra.

I think that might be the labour of a life time; I think John P should be allowed to carry on with his own compositions!

I wonder though, in the future, whether you could train AI to orchestrate. Ie write a program that orchestrates a piano score, and teach it how to do so in HB's style by feeding in HB scores from this period. I think it would be easier to do this and have a human orchestrator revise it than tasking someone with such a huge task.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: