The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:07:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Bach and van Asperen

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bach and van Asperen  (Read 377 times)
guest2
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:39:18 am »

A very pleasant recording has come my way - it contains eight concertos for harpsichord and orchestra BWV 1052, 1053, 1054, 1055, 1056, 1057, 1058 and 1059, played by "Bob" van Asperen and Melante Amsterdam. I do not think I have ever heard more satisfactory performances; and I join the Gramophone reviewer in "strongly recommending" it. It is the sort of thing one can listen to all day long and never tire of. Do other members hold van Asperen in high regard?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Don
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:27:08 pm »

A very pleasant recording has come my way - it contains eight concertos for harpsichord and orchestra BWV 1052, 1053, 1054, 1055, 1056, 1057, 1058 and 1059, played by "Bob" van Asperen and Melante Amsterdam. I do not think I have ever heard more satisfactory performances; and I join the Gramophone reviewer in "strongly recommending" it. It is the sort of thing one can listen to all day long and never tire of. Do other members hold van Asperen in high regard?

Most certainly.  Everything I've heard from van Asperen is superb.  My favorite van Asperen recording is his performance of Bach's Inventions/Sinfonias on the Aeolus label.
Report Spam   Logged
Reiner Torheit
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 08:54:27 pm »

Extraordinary musicianship in everything of Asperen's that I've heard.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: