The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:49:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Onno van Rijen Russian composers' website

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Onno van Rijen Russian composers' website  (Read 2238 times)
shamus
« on: July 23, 2017, 09:03:08 am »

I wasn't sure where to put this, I noticed several people mention the loss of the great website that Onno van Rijen had put together on Soviet music, and I told him about how it was missed. He said to let everyone know that the internet provider he used suddenly raised the price of hosting extremely high so he had to let it go, but if there is interest he may be able to resurrect it in another place that is less costly. I hope there will be replies to this and I will forward any signs of interest to him.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest377
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 04:21:27 pm »

Glad to here....  his website  was very informative.   In some ways, we have several pages here that were just copied here, especially about composers works and several of the mediafire files are here also.   Since you know him, ask him to join here and he can contribute to the forum.  Even tho it is not exclusive about Russian/Soviet composers,  we have a large amount of information here. 
Report Spam   Logged
shamus
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 04:39:08 pm »

He has joined, so we are all going to benefit from his knowledge, besides he is a super nice guy!!
Report Spam   Logged
Christo
Level 4

Times thanked: 24

... an opening of those magic casements ...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 05:43:44 pm »

Great news indeed! As stated before, I would suggest that his complete site should find a new home here.
Report Spam   Logged

… music is not only an `entertainment’, nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.  RVW, 1948
guest264
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 08:47:24 pm »

I would be delighted if Onno's site could be restored. An English language collection of such information is now sorely lacking and an invaluable research source. The combination of complete opus list, dates, composer info and recordings is not assembled in a single site for these composers as far as I know.
Report Spam   Logged
BrianA
Level 4

Times thanked: 29

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 05:11:02 am »

Delighted to hear this.
Report Spam   Logged
guest677
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 11:17:19 am »

Due to problems with my provider (Starting Februari I had to pay a lot of money if I continued hosting) I ended up with my website.
In the past period, I have reviewed whether and how to realize a new website. This resulted in choosing Wix.
The new website is still under construction and that will be the case for the time being.
URL: https://anton8817.wixsite.com/ovar
I'm curious if this new version is attractive to visitors of my new website.
Report Spam   Logged
BrianA
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 05:05:19 pm »

Due to problems with my provider (Starting Februari I had to pay a lot of money if I continued hosting) I ended up with my website.
In the past period, I have reviewed whether and how to realize a new website. This resulted in choosing Wix.
The new website is still under construction and that will be the case for the time being.

Onno (at least I presume it's you),

Have you given any thought to resurrecting your Soviet music community?  That would also be very welcome news to many of us!

Brian
Report Spam   Logged
BrianA
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 05:07:59 pm »

PS: The new site looks very good indeed!
Report Spam   Logged
guest145
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 03:22:29 am »

Onno, it's wonderful to have your wonderful website back, and great to see you on the forum!
Report Spam   Logged
Jeff
Level 2

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 12:58:01 am »

I'm also thrilled to have the new website,was saddened when the old one went.Soviet era music is my fondest 20thC  music.
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 10:05:56 am »

Hello Onno,

Very good to see you here in this forum.
Have been missing my soviet "encyclopedia".
Great it (comes) back.

Roelof

Report Spam   Logged
Amphissa
Level 2

Times thanked: 5

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 02:55:11 pm »

I am very glad to see the return of the Soviet Composers website. And it is new and improved! Excellent!

Welcome to this forum, Onno. I am happy vto see you here.

Report Spam   Logged
Hattoff
Level 2

Times thanked: 3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 07:45:29 am »

I'm very pleased to see you here. Thank you for restoring your invaluable site.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: