The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:32:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Michael Rabsilber: Violin concerto (1989)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Rabsilber: Violin concerto (1989)  (Read 243 times)
guest140
« on: July 17, 2017, 06:30:00 am »

I am proud to announce the publication of the full score of the violin concerto (1989) by the German tenor Michael Rabsilber (1953-2013). As usual you can find score and a sound snippet on my website:

https://www.tobias-broeker.de/rare-manuscripts/violin-concertos/michael-rabsilber/

And a short biography of Michael Rabsilber:

Michael Rabsilber was born on 8 September 1953 in Staßfurt (Germany). His father was a professional trombonist at the Stadttheater Magdeburg. After finishing school Michael Rabsilber first studied physics at the university of Leipzig, but soon decided to become a singer. So he switched to the Musikhochschule and studied under Eva Fleischer.

Michael Rabsilber gave his debut as Fenton in Nicolai's "The Merry Wives of Windsor" at the Bergtheater in Thale and was already a member of the ensemble of the Stadttheater in Halle/Saale during his study years. In 1982 he had a guest performance at the Komische Oper Berlin and became member of this company from 1983 to 1996. In that time Michael Rabsilber established himself as one of the most distinguished tenor voices in Germany. For example he sang the Anastasio in the legendary production of Händel's "Giustino" by Harry Kupfer, and had guest performances at the Semperoper Dresden as Zivny in Janacek's "Osud" as well as Narraboth in Strauss' "Salome" in Amsterdam. Beside his opera career Michael Rabsilber was also a renowned concert singer and composer. Following a long illness Michael Rabsilber died on 30 January 2013 in Berlin.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 11:03:51 am »

Thank you Tobias. Yet another composer I didn't know of. Well, it's to say I knew him as a singer, but wasn't aware of him being composer as well.
Report Spam   Logged
guest140
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 07:18:50 am »

Surprisingly it didn't take very long to get permissions for publication from all performers of the world premiere, that I can say now there is a complete recording of the world premiere available on my website:

https://www.tobias-broeker.de/rare-manuscripts/violin-concertos/michael-rabsilber/

So now you can listen to the concerto and read along with the score!

Enjoy!
Tobias
Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 02:02:48 pm »

So now you can listen to the concerto and read along with the score!

Ah, Mr. Tobias - now, listening to the music I can manage...sadly, despite efforts you wouldn't believe, reading the score meantime is not going to happen !
Thank you !
Report Spam   Logged

Clive

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: