The Art-Music Forum
June 20, 2018, 02:43:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare (non-copyright) recordings, and discuss all the Arts in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight. To participate, simply log in or register.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Bad idea, or does no-one want to start ?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad idea, or does no-one want to start ?  (Read 684 times)
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 48

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2013, 12:40:31 pm »

Don't know quite when this board was set up, or by whom, but it's unusual to see anything 'new' lying fallow on A-M F.
I can see that entering into 'trade' negotiations with colleagues might have its awkwardness, but I'd certainly be willing to try - make a nice change from E-Bay !
2nd problem - is there anything that I'd be willing to exchange that would be of remotest interest to learned colleagues on this site; possibly not !

Anyway, I'm not averse to the idea....does anyone else have any thoughts ?
Report Spam   Logged

Clive

Social Buttons

Latvian
Level 5

Times thanked: 30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 02:23:07 pm »

I have a fairly substantial selection of CDs and LPs that I'm prepared to offer here. I've been listing on eBay for several years but have lately gotten disgusted with eBay's increasingly restrictive and time-consuming policies and requirements, and their ever-increasing fees. In short -- it's hard to make much of a profit on eBay anymore.

I will be happy to start listing here if members are interested. Mostly 20th Century symphonic and chamber works -- Czech, Russian (& former Soviet "republics"), French, English, Scandinavian, etc.

Some of you may know me from eBay as "mariskr".
Report Spam   Logged
violinconcerto
Level 3

Times thanked: 33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 07:34:00 pm »

Great to see that such a part of the forum exists! I have some LPs to sell as well as some private recordings that I cannot sell through official places. I do not list prices, because I have no price in mind that I want to get (I know it will be less than what I paid for), so make a reasonable price for the item and have in mind that there will be postage costs from Germany to your home. All LPs and CDs are in good to like new condition, feel free to ask for a special description if you are uncertain (or photos). Same goes for performers, durations, codes, whatever (I just list the composer names and work titles).

Here is what I can sell:

LPs:

Mozart: Violin concerto K219; Korngold: Violin concerto; Ernst von Dohnanyi: Andante rubato (Rococo 2074)

Jörgen Bentzon: Symfonisk trio op.18; Finn Höffding: Evolution op.31; Knudage Riisager: Primavera op.31 (Odeon MOAK 10)

Luis Antonio Escobar: Cantata Campesina, Concertino grosso (PTL-950-89)

Zoltan Kodaly: The Hungarian rondo, The double dances of Nagykallo; Einojuhani Rautavaara: Hommage a Zoltan Kodaly (Fuga 3035)

Morton Gould: Venice, Vivaldi Gallery (RCA LSC-3079)

William Zinn: Hebraic Scenes (private pressing)

Andre-Francois Marescotti: Deuxieme concert carougeois; Henri Gagnebin: Suite sur des Psaumes Huguenots; Alphonse Roy: Ballade (Communaute de travail CT-64-13)

Godfrey Ridout: Concerto grosso; Joaquin Rodrigo: Canconetta; Keith Bissell: Variations on a French-Canadian folk song; Leclair/Yasye: Concerto in D minor (CBC SM 289)

Karl Heinz Buhne: Elegie, Conversation, Valse gracieuse, Tänzerische Impressionen, Salute to Simon, Piroschka, Tango Bolero; Gershwin Medley, Summertime (Akis 66.24170)

Hans Hendrik Wehding: Zwischensoiel; Gerhard Paul: Bagatelle; Klaus Peter Bruchmann: Tango; Khachaturian: excerpts from “Gajaneh”; Conny Odd: Allez hopp; Martin Hattwig: Konzertante Musik (Amiga 8 45 057)

Jean Francaix: Musee grevin, Musique de cour (Versailles Artistique ART 6002)

Lennox Berkeley: Concertino; Arnold Cooke: Sonata; Jean Marie Leclair: Trio sonata; G.F. Händel: Trio-sonata – all words for recorder, violin, cello and harpsichord (Orion ORS 73104)

Yasuo Higuchi: Orientation “A thousand calabashes”, Violin concerto “Koma” (Warner Pioneer M-11003W)

Mario Cesa: Violin concerto, Synph (Musical Dorica A0003)

Adolfs Skulte: Simfoniskas ainavas No k/f “Rainis”, Svita No Baleta “Brivibas Sakta” (Melodiya D 19957)

Eugen Suchon: Rapsodicka Suita for piano and orchestra, Sest Skaldieb (Supraphon DV 6268)

Janos Komives: La vera istoria della cantoria di Luca della Robbia; Alain Bancquart: Jeux pour lumiere (Inedits 995005)

Boris Arapov: Violin concerto; B. Saveliev: Sport suite (Melodiya 33C 01589)

CDs:

Philip Glass: Songs of Milarepa; Leo Brouwer: Concerto-cantata de Perugia (festival CD)

Mario Cesa: Le storie di sempre, Modulo per disklavier, Tre pezzi per un concerto in memoriam (?)

Carlo Domeniconi: Transcendence, Monodia, Praha, Dhvani (festival CD)

Helmut Neumann: Vier Klangbilder, Sechs Stücke, Vier Minaturen, Contrapuncte (private release)

Miroslav Miletic: chamber music (Croatia Records)

Nuno Corte-Real: The bronze boy (chamber opera) (private DVD release)

Report Spam   Logged

Sydney Grew
Level 7

Times thanked: 28

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 11:48:50 pm »

. . . I've been listing on eBay for several years but have lately gotten disgusted with eBay's increasingly restrictive and time-consuming policies and requirements, and their ever-increasing fees. In short -- it's hard to make much of a profit on eBay anymore. . . .

. . . I have some LPs to sell as well as some private recordings that I cannot sell through official places. I do not list prices . . .

I think the idea here is straight swaps of CDs and LPs no longer wanted - i.e. to exchange one CD for another CD, one for one, or five to five, no money involved, just PM each other to arrange the postal addresses.

Of course, if members wish to make unequal exchanges, they are free to make monetary arrangements via PM, but not to advertize that on the forum. So, do by all means continue to list surplus CDs here, and contact each other privately for further arrangements.

Report Spam   Logged
violinconcerto
Level 3

Times thanked: 33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 07:32:02 am »

Oh sorry, I did not know that only exchanging LPS/CDs are allowed here. Anyway I am of course happy to get offers of LPs/CDs or whatever with a work for violin and orchestra of the 20th century that I don't have already. So I am willing as well to swap.

Best,
Tobias
Report Spam   Logged

Latvian
Level 5

Times thanked: 30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 04:29:46 pm »

Well, let's start with some Slovenian LPs. Please contact me privately if interested, and we can make arrangements. First come, first served:

RTV Ljubljana LD 0391     
 Kozina, Marjan            Chinese Miniatures (4), for voice & orch / Pomlad, for voice & orch / Iz tezkih dni, for voice & orch / Ballet Suite, for orch

RTV Ljubljana LD 0541     
 Krek, Uros                Mouvements concertants, for orch / Sur une melodie, for piano / String Trio                                       

RTV Ljubljana LD 0380     
 Bravnicar, Matija         King Matjaz, for orch / Symphonic Antithesis / Violin Concerto                                   

RTV Ljubljana LD 0799     
 Ajdic, Alojz              Ravensbruck (cantata)                             

RTV Ljubljana LD 0802    
 Leskovic, Bogo          Domovina (symphony)
 Tajcevic, Marko/Leskovic, Balkan Dances

Helidon FLP 10-001       
 Ramovs, Primoz            Symphony '68                                     
 Petric, Ivo               Integrals in colors, for orch                     

Helidon FLP 10-002       
 Krek, Uros                Piccolo Concerto                                 
 Ciglic, Zvonimir          Harp Concertino                                   
 Jez, Jakob                Do fraig amors (cantata)                         

RTV Ljubljana LD 0958     
 Krek, Uros                Rhapsodic Dance, for orchestra                   
 Strauss, Richard          Till Eulenspiegel's Merry Pranks                 
 Prokofiev, Sergei         Romeo & Juliet (ballet) : suite                   

RTV Ljubljana LD 0706     
 Lebic, Lojze              Burnt Grass, The, for voice & orch / Korant, for orch / Voices, for orch / Kons/b, for chamber orch

RTV Ljubljana LD 1268     
 Stuhec, Igor              Poesies, for voice & orch / Enthusiasms, for orch / Ction, for chamber orch / Art, for piano trio                               

RTV Ljubljana LD 1122     
  Petric, Ivo               Meditation, for piano trio                       
  Haydn, Franz Joseph       Piano Trio, Hob. XV/27                           
  Ravel, Maurice            Piano Trio                                       

Helidon FLP 10-003       
 Bozic, Darijan            Requiem to the memory of a murdered soldier       
 Sivic, Pavel              Concentricities, for speaker & orch         

Helidon FLP 10-004       
 Osterc, Slavko            Suite, for orch                             
 Lipovsek, Marijan         Suite No.  2, for strings                         

Helidon FLP 10-006       
 Srebotnjak, Alojz         Harp Concerto                                     
 Skerl, Dane               Symphony No.  2                                   

Helidon FLP 10-008       
 Skerjanc, Lucijan Marija  Symphony No.  5                                   

RTV Ljubljana LP 1120     
 Ciglic, Zvonimir          Rivage des danseuses, Le, for orch           
 Osterc, Slavko            Symphonic Movement                               
 Krek, Uros                Symphony, for strings                             

RTV Ljubljana LP 0544     
 Skerjanc, Lucijan Marija  Sinfonietta                                       
 Ramovs, Primoz            Nocturne, for chamber orch                   
 Golob, Jani               Nocturne, for string orch                   
 Merku, Pavle              Slovenian Rhapsody, for strings                   
 Lebic, Lojze              Tangram, for chamber orch                   

RTV Ljubljana LD 0448     
 Krek, Uros                French Horn Concerto                             
 Ramovs, Primoz            Roll-Call, for French horn & chamber orch   
 Haydn, Franz Joseph       French Horn Concerto in D                         
 Saint-Saens, Camille      Romance, for French horn & orch             

Helidon FLP 10-023       
 Kozina, Marjan            Ballad of P. Kerempuha, for voice & orch     
 Zebre, Demetrij           Towards Liberty, for orch                   
 Arnic, Blaz               Forests Sing, The, for orch                 

RTV Ljubljana LD 0540     
  Ramovs, Primoz            Sinfonietta / Cello Concerto / Concerto for Violin, Viola & Orch         
Report Spam   Logged
Toby Esterhase
Level 7

Times thanked: 82

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 11:19:29 pm »

If is anyone concerned i'm still selling my Melodiya's LP collection (90 pieces).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: