The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:24:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

PAAVO JÄRVI NAMED AS CHIEF CONDUCTOR OF TONHALLE-ORCHESTER ZÜRICH FROM 2019/20

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAAVO JÄRVI NAMED AS CHIEF CONDUCTOR OF TONHALLE-ORCHESTER ZÜRICH FROM 2019/20  (Read 222 times)
guest377
« on: May 30, 2017, 09:50:35 pm »

PAAVO JÄRVI NAMED AS CHIEF CONDUCTOR OF TONHALLE-ORCHESTER ZÜRICH FROM 2019/20

Paavo Järvi has been announced as the new Chief Conductor and Music Director of the Tonhalle-Orchester Zürich for a five-year term from the 2019/20 season.

On taking up the position Järvi commented “I am extremely honoured to be taking on the role of Music Director of the Tonhalle-Orchester Zürich – an orchestra that has a great history and an outstanding quality of playing. On the most recent occasion I had the privilege of working with the orchestra, I felt a very strong chemistry with both the musicians and the management and was overwhelmed by their commitment. I look forward to strengthening those musical and personal relationships: with the orchestra, the management and, not least, the audience in Zurich, embarking on a new chapter of our musical lives together.”

Paavo Järvi directed the Tonhalle-Orchester Zürich for the first time in 2009. During his second visit last December, when he conducted four concerts, a chord was struck with the orchestra and audiences alike. Peter Hagmann reported: “Järvi does not need to direct light upon himself; he radiates of his own accord. An analytical mind and a sense of tone, experience and spontaneity – that is his secret”. Prior to taking up the post in 2019/20 he will be present in Zurich to give performances with the Estonian Festival Orchestra at the Tonhalle Maag in January 2018 and will also spend three weeks during the 2018/19 season with the Tonhalle Orchestra Zurich.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: