The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:58:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Svetlanov Anthology

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Svetlanov Anthology  (Read 1389 times)
Toby Esterhase
Level 7

Times thanked: 117

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2017, 02:41:55 am »

Was this released previously? I remember to have seen anything at the beginning of 90's
http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Melodiya/MELCD1002480
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

M. Yaskovsky
Level 3

Times thanked: 33

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 08:49:11 am »

As a box set? I don't think so. I remember some releases as separate items. And I've seen some for ridiculous prices in Japan, at Tower and HMV, in the 1990s. Those were boxes with works by one composer only, say Lyapunov, Arensky etc. Strange was that the booklets only had Cyrillic and poor English text. I didn't by any of them.
Report Spam   Logged
Toby Esterhase
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 01:42:13 pm »

As a box set? I don't think so. I remember some releases as separate items. And I've seen some for ridiculous prices in Japan, at Tower and HMV, in the 1990s. Those were boxes with works by one composer only, say Lyapunov, Arensky etc. Strange was that the booklets only had Cyrillic and poor English text. I didn't by any of them.
Dear M.Yaskovsky
I was talking of this:

Best
Report Spam   Logged
Toby Esterhase
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 01:22:37 am »

In the autumn of 2017, the second part (volume) of the "Ancient Symphony of Russian Symphony" comes out with the complete collection of symphonic music by Aleksandr Glazunov, with orchestral compositions by Sergey Rachmaninov and Aleksandr Scrjabin, 14 symphonies by Nikolaj Mjaskovskij and Even with the recordings of the composers of the Soviet era: Dmitry Shostakovich, Sergey Prokofiev, Aram Khaciaturjan, Rodion Scedrin, Andrej Eshpaj, Tikhon Khrennikov, Miecislaw Vajnberg, Reinhold Gliere, An.Aleksandrov, Gherman Galynin, Zinovij Kompaeitz, Rostislav Boyko. Most of the recordings are published for the first time
Report Spam   Logged
guest224
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 10:28:28 am »

In the autumn of 2017, the second part (volume) of the "Ancient Symphony of Russian Symphony" comes out with the complete collection of symphonic music by Aleksandr Glazunov, with orchestral compositions by Sergey Rachmaninov and Aleksandr Scrjabin, 14 symphonies by Nikolaj Mjaskovskij and Even with the recordings of the composers of the Soviet era: Dmitry Shostakovich, Sergey Prokofiev, Aram Khaciaturjan, Rodion Scedrin, Andrej Eshpaj, Tikhon Khrennikov, Miecislaw Vajnberg, Reinhold Gliere, An.Aleksandrov, Gherman Galynin, Zinovij Kompaeitz, Rostislav Boyko. Most of the recordings are published for the first time

Thank you Toby - please let us know when it comes out!  I for one might be interested to buy it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 11:13:13 pm »

just picked up the Glazunov set of symphonies manufactured in WB France.  This is a newly remastered copy of the original recordings that appeared on Melodiya years ago. (  I have a few of the LPs).  Nice compiliation.  According to the booklet, several more sets are planned by Composer.  They are presented in a cardboard box with the CDs tucked into separate envelopes.   His widow (Nina) has a note about the recordings.   The tone poem collection is also worth picking up.    (didn't realize I was a 7 star poster)
Report Spam   Logged
Toby Esterhase
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 02:22:22 am »

Volume n°2

Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 05:01:27 am »

Thanks Toby for the heads up.   Yes I believe this collection is in the $400 USD range.... read somewhere it included all?? of Peikos symphonies??  please let me know
Report Spam   Logged
M. Yaskovsky
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 07:22:08 am »

I think only Peiko's 4th symphony..............
Check https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/aram-khachaturian-anthology-of-russian-and-soviet-symphoniy-music-vol-2/hnum/7619111
Report Spam   Logged
ahinton
Level 6

Times thanked: 30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 11:54:51 am »

The fact that Svetlanov was a formidable pianist is all too often overlooked; he performed the piano parts of at least two of Medtner's three sonatas for violin and piano and these are really quite incredibly demanding.
Report Spam   Logged
Toby Esterhase
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 01:53:38 pm »

Thanks Toby for the heads up.   Yes I believe this collection is in the $400 USD range.... read somewhere it included all?? of Peikos symphonies??  please let me know
Dear Mr Hibbard
Here contains:
http://melody.su/upload/iblock/435/435a45a764457dc236bcae9f6e3f19ce.pdf
Best
P.S.
I can't understand why Myaskovski's symphonies aren't published in chronological order
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 03:53:07 pm »

Thanks Toby... I see its just Peiko's Symphony no 4.. but this set includes some works that have never appeared in the CD format:  Alexandrov's Symphony no 1,  among others.... several have appeared under the RussianDisc label.   
Report Spam   Logged
M. Yaskovsky
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 07:19:19 am »

I'm not going to buy this. Way to expensive and many many duplications. I own the complete Myaskovsky symphonies already, many of the Glazunov and Shostakovich have been issued before. The most interesting discs are 44 - 52 of which we'll never get separate items  >:(
Report Spam   Logged
Toby Esterhase
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 11:29:34 pm »

It has been planned third box:Oratorios and cantatas (10 cds) by Rimsky-Korsakov, Taneyev, Alexander Kastalsky, Rachmaninov, Yuri Shaporin, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Sviridov, Vadim Salmanov, Rostislav Boyko + bomus cd: Gavrilin "The Russian Book"
Report Spam   Logged
Toby Esterhase
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 11:34:28 pm »

Releasing III volume:
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: