The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:07:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

JAVIER DARIAS. Sinfonías - 1 thru 8

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JAVIER DARIAS. Sinfonías - 1 thru 8  (Read 235 times)
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2017, 09:02:14 am »

for the more aggressive members here, this is a composer IMHO who deserves a hearing..he has some notoriety insome hispanic circles.
Give the sinfonias a spin, any feedback is appreciated, positive or otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Darias%2CJavier+-+Sinfon%C3%ADa
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jeff
Level 2

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 11:12:20 am »

Thanks,just had a look at them on youtube,and noticed 'comments are disabled ' for them.

Anyone hazard a guess why?
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 12:15:55 pm »

According to Youtube, he wrote 8 symphonies sofar.
When I bought, some years ago, a cd from the Emec label (E-032) with Darias works, the now called symphonies were named 'Obra sinfónica', not symphonies. Nos. 1, 2, 6 and 7 are on that disc.

Victor Pablo conducted three orchestras here: Royal Philharmonic, Symph Orch of Tenerife snd Orq Sinf de Galicia

Not ground breaking music, but for a listen now and then it is worth your time
Report Spam   Logged
relm1
Level 4

Times thanked: 23

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 01:24:36 am »

I'm liking it though I'm only on Number 1.  Not particularly aggressive but serious.  Reminds me of a concise and sparser version of the symphonies of Penderecki. 
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 08:11:41 am »

According to Youtube, he wrote 8 symphonies sofar.
When I bought, some years ago, a cd from the Emec label (E-032) with Darias works, the now called symphonies were named 'Obra sinfónica', not symphonies. Nos. 1, 2, 6 and 7 are on that disc.

Victor Pablo conducted three orchestras here: Royal Philharmonic, Symph Orch of Tenerife snd Orq Sinf de Galicia

Not ground breaking music, but for a listen now and then it is worth your time

I'm often confused between symphonies and sinfonicas or sinfonias, esp with Latins..perhaps in general, sinfonia tend to be to be sparsely orchestrated are usually lighter and shorter..but  there are always exceptions..
BTW-I had problems coupling the orchestras with each specific piece so I omitted them when unsure.
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 10:51:02 am »

Jolly Roger wrote:
[/quote]
I'm often confused between symphonies and sinfonicas or sinfonias, esp with Latins..perhaps in general, sinfonia tend to be to be sparsely orchestrated are usually lighter and shorter..but  there are always exceptions..
BTW-I had problems coupling the orchestras with each specific piece so I omitted them when unsure.
[/quote]

You're right, it's not always clear. But the Sinfonia in spanish is the same as symphony in english. Some times latin composers also use symphonie or symphony.  On the other hand non-latin composers use some times "sinfonia" as a lighter, or smaller?, form of a symphony.

In this however the works on the cd are named "Obra sinfónica". In english "Symphonic Piece"
I wrote the composer a message asking him how he sees it. When I get an anwer I let you know.

Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 06:36:26 am »

Jolly Roger wrote:
[/quote]

You're right, it's not always clear. But the Sinfonia in spanish is the same as symphony in english. Some times latin composers also use symphonie or symphony.  On the other hand non-latin composers use some times "sinfonia" as a lighter, or smaller?, form of a symphony.

In this however the works on the cd are named "Obra sinfónica". In english "Symphonic Piece"
I wrote the composer a message asking him how he sees it. When I get an anwer I let you know.

[/quote]

Thanks...I'd like to know what he was thinking..I guess a comparison of the duration of the pieces may yield a clue or two..
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: