The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 07:21:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Lyrita futures

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lyrita futures  (Read 4746 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2017, 01:14:41 pm »

I refer you to my post of May 27 on this thread.

Howard Shelley plays the Sinfonia Concertante with the BBC NOW under Richard Hickox on Chandos 9966. Krysia Osostowicz the Violin Concerto with the Ulster Orchestra/Takuo Yuasa on Naxos 8.557591.

Both performances are excellent and in modern sound. I really don't understand why Lyrita think that these vintage performances should be resurrected.

The George Lloyd Symphonies Nos. 6 and 7 make some sense in so far as Edward Downes was the champion of the Lloyd revival in the early 1980s and Lyrita recorded Nos. 4,5 and 8 with him on LP at that time. The Rubbra? I love Rubbra's music but I cannot see me buying this "new" cd unless someone gives me a compelling reason to do so. Lyrita are better to concentrate, I would argue, on music which is not already on cd. That should be the priority......at least whilst I am still around to buy their releases
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: