The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:57:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

fabulous Serbian composer Ristic,Milan

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fabulous Serbian composer Ristic,Milan  (Read 355 times)
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2017, 12:15:38 pm »

I don't understand how this prolific and gifted composer has been overlooked.
There are 8 of his symphonies and more at the Serbian Composers Site. Shostakovitch lovers will find this composer very rewarding.
But the music is original and not derivative.

The powerful 7th is typical.

Ristic,Milan - Symphony no.7 1972.
Belgrade Philharmonic Orchestra,Conductor: Živojin Zdravkovic
1. Andante-Allegro-Andante - 00:00   2. Presto - 08:12    3. Adagio - 14:04   4. Allegro molto - 21:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diV6f_XZe5U&index=16&list=PLRfh8jFiIUizFWozatlZGs-Aq5uN_lgg7
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 03:19:03 pm »

It's just a superb Channel; that...& also 'Komponist' for Slovenian composers. Amazing the quality (& quantity !) of work from these under-recognized nations.
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
shamus
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 05:29:00 pm »

I had the great privilege of communicating with Slovenian composer Ivo Petric a few years back and obtained several CDs of his work. His website very generously allows downloads of complete performances of many of his works, so anyone who loves Balkan music as much as I do will enjoy this music very much.

http://www.ivopetric.com/
Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 09:26:00 pm »

Nice 'steer', thank you , Sir !
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 09:36:20 pm »

Thanks Jolly Roger,

You posted a link to the only symphony of this great composer I missed: his 7th.
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 02:25:31 am »

Thanks Jolly Roger,

You posted a link to the only symphony of this great composer I missed: his 7th.

Thanks, it was a missing tooth of the 8 for me too..I had to go via a playlist to locate it.
Don't miss the Trumpet and piano concertos and other works by Ristic.
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 02:27:24 am »

It's just a superb Channel; that...& also 'Komponist' for Slovenian composers. Amazing the quality (& quantity !) of work from these under-recognized nations.
Totally agree, Ristic is an important one that I missed...there is so much fine music there..
Report Spam   Logged
Holger
Level 3

Times thanked: 25

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 10:42:00 am »

Thanks for the hint, Roger. Up to now I had Ristić's Symphonies Nos. 1–6&8, so No. 7 is very welcome since it fills a gap. I really like Ristić's robust, powerful musical language, it's both intellectual and emotional, it has its conservive and its more advanced sides, and thus altogether it holds a good balance.

There are two more symphonies by Ristić which I am still missing, namely No. 9 and his early Sinfonietta. I know recordings of these works exist (though non-commercial ones), maybe they will also pop up some day (or even some member has them?).
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 08:37:57 am »

Thanks for the hint, Roger. Up to now I had Ristić's Symphonies Nos. 1–6&8, so No. 7 is very welcome since it fills a gap. I really like Ristić's robust, powerful musical language, it's both intellectual and emotional, it has its conservive and its more advanced sides, and thus altogether it holds a good balance.

There are two more symphonies by Ristić which I am still missing, namely No. 9 and his early Sinfonietta. I know recordings of these works exist (though non-commercial ones), maybe they will also pop up some day (or even some member has them?).

I can't seem to locate the 9th symphony and Sinfonietta, but can get these from a playlist if you have an interest.

Trumpet concerto 1977
Piano Concerto  1954
Gallop
Burlesque
Man and War Symphonic poem op 17 1943

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: