The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:56:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Max Seeboth: Violin concerto (1939) - prize winning work!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Max Seeboth: Violin concerto (1939) - prize winning work!  (Read 171 times)
guest140
« on: March 20, 2017, 10:44:08 pm »

German composer Max Seeboth (1904-1967) wrote a Violin concerto in 1939. The work was awarded the Magdeburger Musikpreis in the same year and hailed in reviews as the composer's masterpiece. A review of the world premiere in the "Zeitschrift für Musik" in 1939 wrote:

"In the midst of the two Allegros is the Adagio. Just because of this stunning affirmation the Violin concerto by Seeboth stands out among all the compositions written for the concertante violin in the last 20, 30 or more years and should have a place of honour in the repertoire of renowned soloists."

Unfortunately the work was later forgotten and today only few know the composer's name and this violin concerto. But the score, a sound snippet and a short biography of Max Seeboth can now be found on my website. The score is - as always - for gratis download in pdf-format. Here is the link to my site:

http://www.tobias-broeker.de/rare-manuscripts/violin-concertos/max-seeboth/

Best,
Tobias
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Grandenorm
Level 4

Times thanked: 24

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 02:47:04 pm »

Does the full score exist?
Report Spam   Logged
guest140
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 03:17:32 pm »

I hope so, but the library with the Seeboth archive had not enough staff until now to make an inventory for the boxes. It can take weeks or years to see if the full score is in the boxes. Therefore I thought the piano reduction would be a good first start (that one was in the archive of the violinist of the premiere and that one was already edited).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: