The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:44:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Is this excellent forum 'dying' ?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this excellent forum 'dying' ?  (Read 4444 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 05:27:58 pm »

Thanks, shamus, but I certainly do not think that "death really is imminent" And never let a lack of "technical knowledge" deter you or anybody else posting about "what they like" I may have a pretty extensive "knowledge" of the orchestral repertoire of the 20th century but it is a knowledge based on being aware of the existence and the soundworld to which works belong. I cannot read a score, I cannot play an instrument, I have no great ability to analyse the differences in interpretation between one conductor's version of a work and that of another-although I think that I can tell a good performance from one that is mediocre.

There are serious limitations therefore on any "expertise" I may appear to possess. It is only enthusiasm for the music I love and I hope others also love or would if they heard it and a passion to hear more of the music of composers who I think are unjustly neglected which provide my principal motivations for contributing.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: