The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:46:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Is this excellent forum 'dying' ?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this excellent forum 'dying' ?  (Read 4414 times)
guest140
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:20:13 am »

May well be churlish, disingenuous...or whatever else you care to call it, to mention one contributor - but I always feel most disheartened that I can't respond more positively to 'Violinconcerto',who puts up all sorts of excellent 'steers' under 'discussion of obscure composers'. Reward (?) - well, precious little actually.

Thanks for that. A lot! I am so happy that my project at least touches a string in the one or other person here. But I also know that my work and my offers are very, very special. Modern unknown violin concertos are a niche (in contrary to piano concertos for example). And "scores of modern unknown violin concertos" are a niche in a niche. So I don't take the silence too personally, it's just the topic. But if you compare the activities on this forum to "Talkclassical" forum, than one can see the differences! When I post one of my little new contributions here and come back in - say - 3 days to check for responses, my posting is still on top or at least on the first page. When I go to Talkclassical half a day later, my posting is gone (due to the fact that nobody answers - same problem there). So maybe I won't say this forum is dying, but most of the time it is sleeping. And that is a problem of this forum, not generally to talking about classical music. That is my impression.

Thanks again a lot for your comment, that made my day!

Best,
Tobias
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: