The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:51:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Kyjo

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyjo  (Read 1338 times)
guest128
« on: February 22, 2017, 08:46:52 pm »

Anyone ever make contact with our old friend since he disappeared from the forum (and others) so abruptly?  For some years Kyle was omnipresent, - seemingly posting on every topic multiple times every day, and not just here.  Then suddenly nothing anywhere forever, - like he just jumped into the crater of some volcano and was extinguished.  What an admirable and heroic way to break free from the mania he was quite obviously afflicted by.  In fact, with enough embellishment over time the story could almost become mythical.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jimfin
Level 4

Times thanked: 21

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 02:08:52 am »

I don't know, but didn't he get banned from 'the other place' for some weird technicality, some years ago? Sorry, it doesn't really answer your question. He was a pleasant contributor and I'd love to see him again.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 04:13:33 am »

As would I  He and I shared so many musical tastes and I had come to regard him as a good friend.

This post comes to you from Paihia, Bay of Islands, North Island, New Zealand where I at the beginning of my 5 week tour of this wonderful country.
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 02:10:21 pm »

Ah yes,kyjo. He was almost ubiquitous for a while both here and at the GMG. I don't think he was banned from there,if that's the place jimfin is referring to. I remember reading some members discussing his absence (there is a thread devoted to erstwhile members there). His huge enthusiasm for his favourite composers was commendable;although he could be a little too earnest at times. Phew!!There are only so many times you can try to understand why László Lajtha (for example) didn't click with you,even though you tried listening to every single symphony about three hundred times!!! Maybe just leave it for a few years? One day........perhaps?! Still nobody's perfect. Someone I envy sometimes is vandermolen (Jeffrey). His posts are always so concise and to the point. He doesn't drone on and on and on and on and on,like me!! ::) ;D

For those confined to ye olde pc and wired mouse and keyboard. I can't help but ask how Dundonnell is posting here? Has he taken his pc on the plane? Or perhaps sitting in an internet cafe typing away with a cold drink,surrounded by people drinking real coffee (instant here) or whatever they drink there?! I know that someone over at the GMG was using something called a tapp-erty,or something?!! ???

kyjo versus the Volcano? That would make a good plot for a movie! Come back kyjo!!
Report Spam   Logged
Christo
Level 4

Times thanked: 24

... an opening of those magic casements ...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 03:26:51 pm »

As would I  He and I shared so many musical tastes and I had come to regard him as a good friend.

Same here, a musical friend who's truly missed.
Report Spam   Logged

… music is not only an `entertainment’, nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.  RVW, 1948
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 04:16:53 pm »

There's no doubt he was a very lively contributor!
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 09:11:28 am »

A reasonably "concise" response from someone who undoubtedly enters into the category of "droning on and on" ;D ;D

I am posting from my tablet (=small laptop for the ignorant Welsh ;D ;D) although I could post from my smartphone (unfortunately owned by the most stupid of technologically retarded!).

I would like to be involved in some of the interesting discussion going on but my hectic schedule touring North Island, New Zealand presently will prevent me doing so for another 6 weeks or so (perhaps to the relief of others........since I would be the last person qualified to criticise anyone for an excess of musical enthusiasms ;D).

I did try to contact Kyjo, who lives or lived in a suburb of Pittsburgh, after he fell silent but without result. We had spoken often by pm and I know that he is a young chap but one with a very wide musical knowledge.

It is such a shame when an online "friend" just plain disappears but that is sometimes part of the nature of internet discourse.

......and another example of my complete incapacity to ever be "concise" ;D
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 12:09:46 am »

I think Jimfin meant 'Unsung Composers' as the forum he was banned from.
There was a message there, I think I remember, that the admin from that forum was asked to inform the other forum.
Shortly after this message he was vanished from this forum and the GMG.
The reason? I have no idea.

Report Spam   Logged
djarvie
Level 2

Times thanked: 7

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 02:57:01 pm »

Sadly, it appears that he was banned from UC for using an email address that didn't belong to him:

http://www.unsungcomposers.com/forum/index.php/topic,3689.msg39905.html#msg39905

He was active in AMF long before I became a member, but he was clearly an interesting character with a wide knowledge of music.
Report Spam   Logged
Christo
Level 4

Times thanked: 24

... an opening of those magic casements ...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 07:34:21 am »

Sadly, it appears that he was banned from UC for using an email address that didn't belong to him:

He was active in AMF long before I became a member, but he was clearly an interesting character with a wide knowledge of music.

Could be, and good to know. But given the extremely unfriendly attitude of the moderators of UC, I can imagine they only used it to get rid of him (many of us left the UC forum when nothing but 'officially acknowledged Romanticism' became the only accepted norm there, one that was strictly upheld). Really hope to see Kyle back.
Report Spam   Logged

… music is not only an `entertainment’, nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.  RVW, 1948
Vandermolen
Level 4

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 09:01:54 am »

Ah yes,kyjo. He was almost ubiquitous for a while both here and at the GMG. I don't think he was banned from there,if that's the place jimfin is referring to. I remember reading some members discussing his absence (there is a thread devoted to erstwhile members there). His huge enthusiasm for his favourite composers was commendable;although he could be a little too earnest at times. Phew!!There are only so many times you can try to understand why László Lajtha (for example) didn't click with you,even though you tried listening to every single symphony about three hundred times!!! Maybe just leave it for a few years? One day........perhaps?! Still nobody's perfect. Someone I envy sometimes is vandermolen (Jeffrey). His posts are always so concise and to the point. He doesn't drone on and on and on and on and on,like me!! ::) ;D

For those confined to ye olde pc and wired mouse and keyboard. I can't help but ask how Dundonnell is posting here? Has he taken his pc on the plane? Or perhaps sitting in an internet cafe typing away with a cold drink,surrounded by people drinking real coffee (instant here) or whatever they drink there?! I know that someone over at the GMG was using something called a tapp-erty,or something?!! ???

kyjo versus the Volcano? That would make a good plot for a movie! Come back kyjo!!

I've only just seen this thread and greatly enjoy my contact with Kyjo, who seems alive and well on the 'other' forum. We share many musical tastes too. My reason for posting here after the thread has been in hibernation for so long is to let cilgwyn know, if he ever reads it, that I regard his posts as one of my highlights of these forums. I love all the context that we get and have, on occasion, tried to copy his style but it is not as good as the original. His messages often make me smile as well as being of great musical interest (apart from Gilbert and Sullivan) - which is a good thing.  :)
Report Spam   Logged
guest128
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 07:57:25 pm »

In fact, there's a 2nd "Kyjo thread" on the forum somewhere (not entirely adulatory)* which must qualify him as something of a cult figure here (who else among members gets even one?).  His renewed disappearance will only enhance that status if he stays away long.  As I might have mused there, he's a lock for Hall of Fame election on AMF should a vote ever be taken, - together with Dundonnell, and (more nefariously) Sydney Grew.

* "What has happened to Kyjo(Kyle)?"
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: