The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:20:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Kyjo

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyjo  (Read 1347 times)
Vandermolen
Level 4

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2018, 09:01:54 am »

Ah yes,kyjo. He was almost ubiquitous for a while both here and at the GMG. I don't think he was banned from there,if that's the place jimfin is referring to. I remember reading some members discussing his absence (there is a thread devoted to erstwhile members there). His huge enthusiasm for his favourite composers was commendable;although he could be a little too earnest at times. Phew!!There are only so many times you can try to understand why László Lajtha (for example) didn't click with you,even though you tried listening to every single symphony about three hundred times!!! Maybe just leave it for a few years? One day........perhaps?! Still nobody's perfect. Someone I envy sometimes is vandermolen (Jeffrey). His posts are always so concise and to the point. He doesn't drone on and on and on and on and on,like me!! ::) ;D

For those confined to ye olde pc and wired mouse and keyboard. I can't help but ask how Dundonnell is posting here? Has he taken his pc on the plane? Or perhaps sitting in an internet cafe typing away with a cold drink,surrounded by people drinking real coffee (instant here) or whatever they drink there?! I know that someone over at the GMG was using something called a tapp-erty,or something?!! ???

kyjo versus the Volcano? That would make a good plot for a movie! Come back kyjo!!

I've only just seen this thread and greatly enjoy my contact with Kyjo, who seems alive and well on the 'other' forum. We share many musical tastes too. My reason for posting here after the thread has been in hibernation for so long is to let cilgwyn know, if he ever reads it, that I regard his posts as one of my highlights of these forums. I love all the context that we get and have, on occasion, tried to copy his style but it is not as good as the original. His messages often make me smile as well as being of great musical interest (apart from Gilbert and Sullivan) - which is a good thing.  :)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: