The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:59:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Brazilian Music

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brazilian Music  (Read 408 times)
jowcol
Level 5

Times thanked: 30

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2015, 03:57:56 pm »

Two Brazilian Symphonies-- Part 1

From the collection of Karl Miller

Claudio Santoro Symphony 6 (1957-8)
I Allegro Grazioso
II Andante Molto
III Allegro Vivo
IV Allegro Deciso Final
Orquestra Sinfonica Braziliera
Conducted by Claudio Santoro
Source:  1969  Vinyl LP Festa - LDR 5021

Radames Gnatalli "Popular" Symphony 

I Allegro Moderado
II Estensivo con Fantasia
III Con Espirito
IV Allegro
Orquestra Sinfonica Braziliera
Conducted by Claudio Santoro
Source:  1969  Vinyl LP Festa - LDR 5021

About the Claudio Santoro
from http://www.claudiosantoro.art.br/San_Eng/open.html
Claudio Franco de Sá Santoro (Manaus, 23-11-1919 - Brasilia, 27-03-1989) was one of the most restless and versatile musicians of our time. Boy prodigy, inspired creator and brilliant interpreter, dynamic organizer, lucid educator and researcher, he developed national and internationally intense activity as a composer, conductor, professor, organizer, administrator, article writer, jury member, Brazilian representative in conferences and international organizations, being invited by several Governments and foreign institutions.

Between 1970 and 1978 he was Professor of Conducting and Composition, Director of the Orchestra and the Music Department of Heidelberg-Mannheim's State Superior Music School, in Germany. Guest conductor of the most important orchestras of the world such as Philharmonic of Leningrad, Moscow State Orchestra, RIAS Berlin, ORTF Paris, OSSODRE Montevideo, Beethovenhalle Bonn, Symphonic of the Radio of Prague, Philharmonic of Bucharest, Symphonic of Orchestra of Porto, Philharmonic of Sofia, PRO ART (London) Île de France (Paris), Symphonic of the Leipzig Radio, Symphonic of Magdeburg, Philharmonic of Warsaw etc. besides of all the Brazilian Orchestras.

Claudio Santoro died in Brasilia on the 27th of March 1989, while conducting the general rehearsal of the Season's 1st concert, which would be in homage to the Bicentennial of the French Revolution. His artistic, educational and political engagement was striking and influenced several generations, giving life to countless organizations of musical character or pedagogic stamp and physiognomy to teaching institutions and even to cities.

Report Spam   Logged

All download links I have posted are for works, that, to  my knowledge, have never been commercially released in digital form.  Should you find I've been in error, please notify myself or an Administrator.  Please IM me if I've made any errors that require attention, as I may not read replies.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: