The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:59:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

playing along....

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: playing along....  (Read 550 times)
Anonden
« on: November 19, 2016, 07:01:52 am »

Here's a recent piece of mine. The short of things is that I play electric guitar. A 'high gain' timbre, chunck yet sculpted, using basic compositional determinants to improvise at my relative leisure. (Apparently soundcloud doesn't embed.)

articulating
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest377
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 09:17:06 pm »

sounds like my 3rd grader on electric guitar with the fuzz box distortion.  Van Halen anybody??
Report Spam   Logged
Ian Moore
Level 3

Times thanked: 20

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 10:57:52 pm »

Love the feedback.
Report Spam   Logged

Revolutions are celebrated when they are no longer dangerous.
-Boulez
ahinton
Level 6

Times thanked: 30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 06:08:52 am »

Love the feedback.
Love the double meaning!...
Report Spam   Logged
Anonden
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 02:48:48 am »

Love the feedback.
Love the double meaning!...

I wouldn't have thought.......

The feedback is minimal, in the sense the playing volume was speaking volume. Digital, too, BIASFX. It's impressive for sustaining indefinitely at low volumes, even with a gate engaged. It's a pretty good gate.

sounds like my 3rd grader on electric guitar with the fuzz box distortion.  Van Halen anybody??

It doesn't. No fuzz. I hate that type of clipping. Eddie hasn't used a fuzz box. And he used far less gain, only by the early 90s graduating up to the equivalent of heavy metal gain levels. Mine's a bit hotter than that (and very much "tougher" sounding). We haven't touched on the composition elements, but regardless.... You might listen again.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:09:43 am by the Administration » Report Spam   Logged
Anonden
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 12:57:27 am »

I am interested, in a way most, in the apparent fidelity and what kinds of speakers you're using.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:08:17 am by the Administration » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: