The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:57:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

More Shred and Tumble

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Shred and Tumble  (Read 365 times)
Anonden
« on: November 24, 2016, 05:19:59 am »

Not in the popular sense of shredder playing, but timbrally. And then some measured perambulation.

It comes to mind that many here might, and indeed many common folk do, not know how messy sounding the average even somewhat gain-y guitar sound is, and that most if not all of it is covered up by the other instruments in the typical mix. Think sand on steel. My attempts with developing the timbre are possibly the clearest in existence per level of gain - and even compared to much lower gain tones, with regard to fizziness. (I do not say distortion. Though that is what happens to the signal, use of the name for the timbral phenomenon has at least become unsuitable, for its meaning is based in the idea of dirtiness - even by the guitarist. Which is not me.)

(Note, I'd love to embed, if I only knew how.....)

jack-sun
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 07:24:42 am »

not know how messy sounding the average even somewhat gain-y guitar sound is

It's not something I lose sleep over, frankly.
Report Spam   Logged
ahinton
Level 6

Times thanked: 30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 09:14:06 am »

not know how messy sounding the average even somewhat gain-y guitar sound is

It's not something I lose sleep over, frankly.
Shredders are very useful things, especially to composers accustomed to maintaining due self-criticism; I wouldn't be without mine, that's for sure!

Much the same could be said (at least by those who still persist in using those antediluvian tools commonly known as pen, ink and paper) for correction fluid which I've always regretted is not sold in 500cl containers (Sir Michael Tippex, as I used to call it).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: