The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:25:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Narcissistic

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Narcissistic  (Read 1620 times)
Anonden
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 03:59:43 am »

Why not youtube it like your other pieces?.....
Report Spam   Logged
Ian Moore
Level 3

Times thanked: 20

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 01:46:51 pm »

Complicated reasons.  I have just given this work to a digital distribution setup and it kind of requires me sticking with them. I did it with the understanding that anyone can get access to it freely, without subscribing or any other hassle like that. It should be just as easy as getting hold of Youtube but it's not turning out that way. Streaming companies should be the way forward for guys like me if everyone is easily able to listen to the entire track without installing software and definitely subscribing! It's on many channels and somehow I will figure out a way of providing a hassle free link.  Googleplay was one of the best but it requires people to have a google account.
Report Spam   Logged

Revolutions are celebrated when they are no longer dangerous.
-Boulez
Ian Moore
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 07:30:59 pm »

It doesn't work for me, I fear.

I see a record cover, but nothing happens if I click on it.

I see the title "Narcissistic", but when I click on it, I just see a page saying "Anmelden" (which means "log in" in German).

I also see your name, and when I click on that I see you sitting on a box holding a guitar, next to the word "Subscribe" (in English).

I also see, below your name, a list of five "songs" (do they mean "pieces"?). When I click on one of these I see a small picture of a youth wearing boxing gloves - is that you too? - but still no music.
No, I am not  a boxer!  Is this the spotify link? It does a setup in German.  Try the  googleplay link; it should be fine.

https://play.google.com/music/m/Tslt2pf5rmn3pxfnb6gwammwwja?t=Narcissistic_-_Ian_Moore
Report Spam   Logged

-Boulez
guest2
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 07:34:20 am »

It doesn't work for me, I fear.

I see a record cover, but nothing happens if I click on it.

I see the title "Narcissistic", but when I click on it, I just see a page saying "Anmelden" (which means "log in" in German).

I also see your name, and when I click on that I see you sitting on a box holding a guitar, next to the word "Subscribe" (in English).

I also see, below your name, a list of five "songs" (do they mean "pieces"?). When I click on one of these I see a small picture of a youth wearing boxing gloves - is that you too? - but still no music.
No, I am not  a boxer!  Is this the spotify link? It does a setup in German.  Try the  googleplay link; it should be fine.

https://play.google.com/music/m/Tslt2pf5rmn3pxfnb6gwammwwja?t=Narcissistic_-_Ian_Moore

No, still no music, just the jolly old boxing. The first you've heard of it, what?

Report Spam   Logged
djarvie
Level 2

Times thanked: 7

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 10:06:56 am »

Try the  googleplay link; it should be fine.

No boxer and no guitar for me, just a CD cover and three tracks: Narcissistic, Harmonio and Adieu.  Clicking these does nothing.  But it does say "Subscribe to Google Play Music and listen to this song and millions of other songs. First month free."   So you have to subscribe to listen.  And if you don't unsubscribe you will eventually have to pay.
Report Spam   Logged
Ian Moore
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 07:48:22 pm »

Don't subscribe on my account! You're supposed to be able to listen to it for free (you might get an advert).  I'll try and get my brain around it. I'm going off the whole idea of streamed music; too many complications. It seemed like the perfect answer - people could listen to your music for free.  It just so unnecessarily difficult, having to download software, subscribe, adverts and distribution...I will sort out a solution somehow.
Report Spam   Logged

-Boulez
Ian Moore
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 08:13:12 pm »

Shouldn't really do this but here is a link to Reverbnation where you can listen for free and no hassle.

https://www.reverbnation.com/q/6s47om (Narcissistic)
Report Spam   Logged

-Boulez
djarvie
Level 2

Times thanked: 7

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2016, 07:50:51 am »

Thanks, Ian.
Report Spam   Logged
Ian Moore
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 08:13:03 pm »

Anyone else want to listen to it. I have got to take it down soon.
Report Spam   Logged

-Boulez
Anonden
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 08:18:06 pm »

Dig it. Minus the countable rhythms, and middle eastern hints. The entrance reminds me of the opening of Carter's Oboe Concerto.
Report Spam   Logged
Ian Moore
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2016, 05:35:59 pm »

I see. Fascinating. What you're saying is that some of the rhythms are a bit too predictable.
Report Spam   Logged

-Boulez
Anonden
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2016, 08:40:09 pm »

I love spacious music, and common time rhyhtms contrast with that. Ditto chromaticism and modal (especially middle eastern) elements, respectively. Not having heard the entirety of the work, I can only guess at your intentions there, and I'm not attempting to disuade you from them, merely expressing what I enjoy and don't.
Report Spam   Logged
Alex Bozman
Level 2

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2016, 08:29:34 pm »

Interesting excerpt, Ian.

Not going to attempt an analysis, but if I heard it unaware, there are some elements which might make me think the composer was French.
Report Spam   Logged
Ian Moore
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2016, 05:12:43 am »

I do love French and German music.
Report Spam   Logged

-Boulez

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: