The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:16:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Daniel Jones Symphonies forthcoming on Lyrita

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daniel Jones Symphonies forthcoming on Lyrita  (Read 6742 times)
Vandermolen
Level 4

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2018, 12:46:58 pm »

I'm very disappointed that Lyrita haven't released any more recordings of Daniel Jones symphonies. They did say in the booklet,with the cd(s) that there would be more. I suppose,I'm being impatient;but I'm beginning to wonder?!! There have been other releases,but no Daniel Jones. Did they not sell very well? Have they lost interest?!! I hope not. I think,about,two more cd's and they would have completed the cycle? Also,I'm not optimistic of the chances of any cd's of Daniel Jones from any other label! Of course,there is Tŷ Cerdd,which has released cd's of Morfydd Owen,recently;which has had very good reviews,and a cd of Piano concertos by William Mathias;one recording of which,is of an archive recording of Mathias,himself,playing.

https://www.tycerdd.org/

Yes, let's hope for more Daniel Jones from Lyrita. I'm looking forward to 'The Apocalypse' by Eugene Goossens.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: