The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:26:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Finnish Music

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finnish Music  (Read 4906 times)
britishcomposer
Level 3

Times thanked: 36

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 03:58:07 pm »

I've been trying to download Salmenhaara's Symphony No. 2 for some days without success: Kaspersky forbids me to follow the link. Things like that have happened in the past but when I waited a day or so the warning no longer appeared. Has anybody else had a virus warning with this link? (BTW I get the same warning with the Broadstock Symphony No. 6 but will try again tomorrow.)

Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 05:03:47 pm »

I downloaded the Salmenhaara Second without difficulty and the Broadstock a minute or too ago, again without difficulty.

There are occasions when I am downloading a music file that my antivirus detects a virus attached to the file but tells me that it has been successfully removed. If this happens I always run a virus check to make sure that it has been in fact removed.
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 06:29:52 pm »

When I downloaded the Salmenhaara 2, I had no problem. It happens now and than that a virus programme warns that a virus is found. On music files I never found aa actual virus.
I use Avast and occasionally check with another programme as well  They both didn't alarme!
Report Spam   Logged
guest145
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 10:22:24 pm »

I successfully downloaded all the Salmenhaara and Broadstock files without incident. No virus warnings of any kind.
Report Spam   Logged
suffolkcoastal
Level 2

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 06:05:05 pm »

The same here, no problems at all. The Salmenhaara works are most interesting thank you!
Report Spam   Logged
britishcomposer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 07:12:41 pm »

Yes, no problem any longer with the downloads! Kaspersky has given up warning me! :D
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2013, 05:11:40 am »

The video of the Hakola Violin Concerto is also up on YouTube (where it will be available permanently, I assume):

I:
II:
III:

I listened to the first two movements so far. Hakola's language is predominantly tonal, with limited amounts of harsh dissonance. The first movement, centered around D major (a popular key for VCs, it seems) is rather like an updated version of the respective movement of the Beethoven VC in its majestic/rhapsodic mood. The second movement begins mysteriously with swirling arpeggiated chords in the harp and piano (which reappear throughout the movement) and ends oddly with the solo violinist playing high-pitched harmonics over pealing bells. Hakola's orchestration gives important roles to the piano, harp and tuned percussion as well as some melodic lines to the woodwinds and brass, but it must be admitted that he doesn't give the orchestral strings any exciting material (at least so far). I'll report back after I give the third movement a listen. A fine work so far!
Report Spam   Logged
relm1
Level 4

Times thanked: 23

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2013, 12:35:25 am »

Thank you to whoever posted the Olli Mustonen Symphony No. 1.  I found it exceptionally beautiful and it reminded me of my favorite composers.  It had much in common with Shostakovitch's late symphonies, late Sibelius, and even some Vaughan Williams.  A work full of mystery, drama, and mythology.  I LOVED it! How exciting to discover someone new!
Report Spam   Logged
tapiola
Level 5

Times thanked: 18

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2013, 12:57:51 am »

Can we download the Mustonen Symphony for audio only?
Report Spam   Logged
Malito
Level 2

Times thanked: 8

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013, 07:33:59 pm »

I, too, would like an audio copy of the Mustonen Symphony No. 1....loved it!
Report Spam   Logged
tapiola
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 04:08:40 am »

I cannot get the Mustonen Symphony to download. I have tried four times.  Can anyone help?
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2013, 08:34:21 am »

With a program like Free YouTubetoMP3 you easily doenload only audio.
The program lrt's you decide if you like the video or the audio. You have also the choice of quality
Since 2 yeras  I use this program and found no  O, and it is in various languages available

Report Spam   Logged
tapiola
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2013, 11:14:21 am »

So this file is not a dedicated audio file? I must convert it first?
Report Spam   Logged
britishcomposer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2013, 03:53:04 pm »

Which version of the symphony you cannot download, tapiola? lescamil's video file or my audio (mp3) file? And what exactly is the problem?
Report Spam   Logged
tapiola
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2013, 04:06:16 pm »

My wife downloaded it on her computer at work.  Thank you for your help.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: