The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:03:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Gubaidulina World Premiere Oct. 2016

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gubaidulina World Premiere Oct. 2016  (Read 146 times)
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2016, 06:10:35 pm »

Powerful piece indeed ! 

Report Spam   Logged

Clive

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

magmasystems
Level 2

Times thanked: 11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 01:11:35 pm »

Speaking of Gubaidulina .... in 2012, I saw the US premiere of a piece of hers called Labryinth, for 12 solo cellos. It was quite good, but I haven't been able to find a recording of it anywhere. If anyone has a line on a recording, would you let me know? Thanks.

http://cso.org/uploadedFiles/8_About/Press_Room/Press_Releases/2012-13/MusicNOW_Dec_3.pdf
Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 07:33:27 am »

Speaking of Gubaidulina .... in 2012, I saw the US premiere of a piece of hers called Labryinth, for 12 solor cellos. it was quite good, but I haven't been able to find a recording of it anywhere. If anyone has a line on a recording, would you let me know? Thanks.

http://cso.org/uploadedFiles/8_About/Press_Room/Press_Releases/2012-13/MusicNOW_Dec_3.pdf

Had a good look round all the 'sources' I know on-line - failed to find a recording, or even a performance. Not definitive, but doesn't seem promising for you ! Surprising - the cello ensemble is immensely popular nowadays...you'd think with a composer of that calibre some group would have jumped at the chance to record it.
Maybe they have - anybody know better ?
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 01:29:24 pm »

Speaking of Gubaidulina .... in 2012, I saw the US premiere of a piece of hers called Labryinth, for 12 solor cellos.

I looked in Russian on the internet, and the trail ran dry. I found a very short interview (in Russian) with the composer, in which she mentions a performance in Lucerne. (No link to a performance or recording). She is no longer Russia-based, so I doubt there would be any additional performances here.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: