The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:46:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

DVD Braunfels "Ulenspiegel"

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DVD Braunfels "Ulenspiegel"  (Read 222 times)
der79sebas
Level 1

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2016, 12:11:24 pm »

Capriccio will release a DVD of Walter Braunfels' opera "Ulenspiegel" (from the performances in Linz/Austria in September 2014) in January 2017. Already now the DVD can be ordered by mail to office@entarteopera.com, they possibly sell it cheaper (22,- Euro - I do not know the regular prize) but charge shipping costs. I have bought it already: sound (stereo and surround) and vision are great, the performance was wonderful (I have seen it three times in Linz)! Subtitles in English and German are included.

http://www.entarteopera.com/shop.html
office@entarteopera.com

There is also an old trailer somwhere at the homepage, but the sound of that one is not good, since the trailer is not taken from the DVD but was quickly and sloppily produced right after the performances.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

M. Yaskovsky
Level 3

Times thanked: 33

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 09:25:28 am »

I look very much forward to this release! There're many Uilenspiegel works composed (R. Strauss, Reznicek, Van Gilse etc.), hope the one by Braunfels is a good one too!
Report Spam   Logged
der79sebas
Level 1

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 06:53:13 pm »

Ulenspiegel ist definitely one of the best Braunfels works, maybe not as great as "The Birds", but it comes right afterwards...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: