The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:06:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Ben Folds Piano Concerto

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben Folds Piano Concerto  (Read 514 times)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2016, 10:03:57 pm »

I'm listening to the Grace Williams Lyrita cd of the Second Symphony (etc). Nice,low fat music!!
What a curious description! It remainds me that someone once "accused"(?) me of having written high cholesterol, high blood pressure, high fat content music determined to cause hardening of the aural arteries and it was only my second thought about this bizarre statement that prompted me to wonder if this comment was intended to be negative - which fact probably goes to show what I've done wrong...
My apologies,it was just supposed a light hearted allusion to some of the criticism that is often made of Rachmaninov's music by certain 'critics'. I really didn't expect anyone to take it seriously;and I'm certainly not in favour of a food style traffic light labelling system for classical music cds! ;D I was merely alluding to the clarity of textures. Everything feels so lean and pared down after listening to Rachmaninov. Two very different composers,of course! Grace Williams is more my cup of tea,personally. In fact,I enjoyed the Lyrita cd so much,I'm now listening to the deleted Chandos cd.
Funnily enough,after typing this post,I'm in the mood for Rachmaninov's Second Piano Concerto now. The Naxos transfers of the composer playing No's 2 & 3,maybe?! :)

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: