The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:43:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A conundrum for you

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A conundrum for you  (Read 216 times)
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2016, 05:29:16 pm »

I came across a Channel today which calls itself Matac Fisilopir (is it a word puzzle - haven't cracked it yet if it is !) ! Here's the link:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNXNK5Os1fhnAStM7S3xG5w

It looks to have all sorts of carefully produced videos, all dating from 6 months ago, with many really nice works, including a few I didn't know & thought would be well worth 'acquiring'.
They all seemed to be long works....too long ! Most, on examination, are around double the length they should be, but the couple I flipped through certainly contained music right the way - no sudden political/religious brainwashing halfway (or worse) which was my first 'fear'. And they didn't obviously just 'start again' halfway through.
Is it really simple, & he's just put up 2 performances of each, or is there something more...which I'm certainly missing ?
He seems mainly to draw on 'Past Notes' posts, which are already excellent - so: WHY ?

Anyone care to take a peek & solve my confusion ?
Report Spam   Logged

Clive

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 12:07:15 am »

Some elements of the conundrum seem to become clearer here:

But it doesn't solve the 'two for the price of one' files :)
Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 08:43:58 am »

Yes - except the 'real' Past Notes actually put that message up in September '15, & has been uploading happily as Past Notes 2, and actually Past Notes 3 since then.
This weird Channel has even put up the message as a double length upload !

None of it actually matters, of course. This Channel is quite obviously a fake & a rip-off of another person's hard work, and is best avoided.
 Just curious, as I said before, WHY ?
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 02:49:54 pm »

This peculiar world of bogus identities, identity theft, impersonation and 'passing-off' is one of the aspects of the internet I like least. As you say - 'why?"

It has certainly led to my leaving another 'mainstream' classical music site (after I was 'cloned' there, with abusive nonsense attributed to me).

It's why I prefer to use my real name here  ;D
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: